This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SignalK B&G MFD Plugin Question
I was looking at the plugin and thought this would be a great solution if I could put KIP screens on to the B&G MFD, this way I could put screens up for tank levels or battery condition. Does anyone know if this is possible with this plugin. If possible has anyone tried hosting the webpage  (URL) on a different machine outside of SignalK?
(2023-10-03, 11:17 PM)Meribella Wrote: I was looking at the plugin and thought this would be a great solution if I could put KIP screens on to the B&G MFD, this way I could put screens up for tank levels or battery condition. Does anyone know if this is possible with this plugin. If possible has anyone tried hosting the webpage  (URL) on a different machine outside of SignalK?

Maybe I don't understand you fully, but in KIP you can define a screen that is some webpage hosted elsewhere. That is how I have a video stream from a camera in a KIP screen.
I understand the capabilities of KIP. My question is about the capabilities of the MFD Plugin. They show 2 use cases (plugins) that are working NavTek Messages and SailTrim. Just wondering if KIP can work as well?
(2023-10-04, 05:00 PM)Meribella Wrote: I understand the capabilities of KIP. My question is about the capabilities of the MFD Plugin. They show 2 use cases (plugins) that are working NavTek Messages and SailTrim. Just wondering if KIP can work as well?

Why not use B&G instruments to show your tanks? you can stream them via NMEA2000 the values and receive them on the plotter. that's what I have and it works.