This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My favourite app...
(2021-06-27, 04:01 PM)Saillogger Wrote: Sorry if this was answered already:

Does Saillogger allow for sharing individual trips with people (e.g. say I run tours and want to send the trip data to a customer)?

Does it allow for additional sensor recordings? Depth, temperature, weather (could pull from internet source), craft advisories (internet source), true/apparent readings, stw/sog readings

It would be cool to be able to run your mouse along your trip, or a time slider, and see the changes in all sensor readings.

I think either a printout of max/min and/or notable changes, or something interactive that is sharable, would be really engaging for people. 

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for something like the above if you know of anything! Thanks!
(2021-09-21, 07:03 PM)baltisailer Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 04:01 PM)Saillogger Wrote: Sorry if this was answered already:

Does Saillogger allow for sharing individual trips with people (e.g. say I run tours and want to send the trip data to a customer)?

Does it allow for additional sensor recordings? Depth, temperature, weather (could pull from internet source), craft advisories (internet source), true/apparent readings, stw/sog readings

It would be cool to be able to run your mouse along your trip, or a time slider, and see the changes in all sensor readings.

I think either a printout of max/min and/or notable changes, or something interactive that is sharable, would be really engaging for people. 

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for something like the above if you know of anything! Thanks!

Saillogger supports sharing individual trips. Go to preferences (https://saillogger.com/preferences/) and make your profile public. Also explicitly enable sharing of "Log Details". Then you can send individual trips to your customers. Here is an example: https://saillogger.com/log/1943
I was just wondering what the minimum trip time is to be automatically detected and logged??

I have done a couple of short runs lately which have not been detected.

Cheers & thanks for a great app!!
I was also wondering if this app is still alife.
Had only one test-trip, got the badge but nothing thereafter although I made several trips.

Is there anywhere to lookup the data collected by the Datalogger plugin in SignalK ?

My understanding is, that the data will get transmitted to the cloud once an i/net connection can get established again.
Got the connection but nothing was transmitted.

would love to get this service going - such a great idea!

Any advise?
I haven't moved the boat for a while but the monitoring tab on the sail logger website is still displaying live position/wind etc data. The server log shows when data is uploaded but not collected afaik. Next time you get the boat raspberry pi on line the data should get up loaded.
Strange! I am accessing the raspi via VNC through my local network which accesses the i/net via the router.
Sail logger monitoring tab shows ...."your collector is offline..." - anything I need to do on pi to get online?

have also used the browser on the raspi to access saillogger.com
(2021-10-21, 09:42 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: I was also wondering if this app is still alife.
Had only one test-trip, got the badge but nothing thereafter although I made several trips.

Is there anywhere to lookup the data collected by the Datalogger plugin in  SignalK ?

My understanding is, that the data will get transmitted to the cloud once an i/net connection can get established again.
Got the connection but nothing was transmitted.

would love to get this service going - such a great idea!

Any advise?

it works for me. I leave the slip about once a week and it always tracks my trips. Give the settings another once over and make sure you're logged into the service correctly. 

I did have one trip not get logged, but I believe that was a problem I was having with my set up and not the service.
Saillogger, if you're still watching this thread..

I've moved onto a raspberry pi zero 2 and tried to install the saillogger app, getting this error >

[Image: H0EGdxI.png]

In that directory>

pi@openplotter:~/.signalk/node_modules/sqlite3 $ ls
binding.gyp CHANGELOG.md CONTRIBUTING.md deps Dockerfile lib LICENSE node_modules package.json README.md sqlite3.js src tools

and..
pi@openplotter:~/.signalk/node_modules/sqlite3 $ ls lib
index.js sqlite3-binding.js sqlite3.js trace.js

Thanks
Hey everyone, I was not following this thread, a friend has pointed out so I came back to have a look. 

Saillogger is pretty alive and going, in fact there have been significant improvements since these posts. There are more in the works to come too. And Saillogger is also now officially out of beta! 

I will try to answer the accumulated questions in a single message but feel free to post if anything is still unaddressed. 

> Any idea how to fill in the Main GPS source & the Main Battery key fields??

This is explained in detail in the support documents. See questions 7 and 9. 

> Does Saillogger allow for sharing individual trips with people (e.g. say I run tours and want to send the trip data to a customer)?

Yes, you can make your profile public through settings and you can choose what to make public. In this case, you want to make "Log Details" public. You can make other things public too, like your timelapse, statistics, monitoring page etc (public monitoring page is a recent enhancement). 

> Does it allow for additional sensor recordings? Depth, temperature, weather (could pull from internet source), craft advisories (internet source), true/apparent readings, stw/sog readings

Yes, monitoring page allows you to monitor a variety of different things remotely. I am attaching a screenshot. You can specify the source of these in the plugin configuration. 

> I was just wondering what the minimum trip time is to be automatically detected and logged??

It is the distance, it should be more than a mile. 

> I was also wondering if this app is still alife. 

Quite alive and kicking!

> Is there anywhere to lookup the data collected by the Datalogger plugin in SignalK ?

Yes, the boat details page has a ton more additional details now. You can troubleshoot your issue using it. Also look at the support documents, explains how to use available information to troubleshoot issues (specifically Question 5: Why are my trips not logged?)

> I've moved onto a raspberry pi zero 2 and tried to install the saillogger app, getting this error "..."

You probably need to re-install SignalK, sometimes npm messes up things and the best/easiest way is to re-install it.

Attached Files Image(s)

(2021-06-04, 09:22 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Think gps source is only needed if signalk is getting gps data from more than one source, copy the one you want to use from the data browser. Similar for battery, if the battery you want to monitor is electrical.batteries.house.voltage then put in "house", capacity is from electrical.batteries.house.capacity.stateOfCharge .

Hi friend
Excellent SignalK setup advice! When numerous GPS sources are available, just one is required. Copy the desired information from the browser. For batteries, enter the path, such as 'house.' Monitoring is made easier!