This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiny pilot compass vs boat heafing
How do I adjust the fixed offset between the tiny pilot compass heading (v0. 12 sw) and the actual boat heading?

The Tinypilot is mounted on the wall of my rear facing chart table so the reported heading is all wrong. 

I installed the Tinypilot with a Jefa linear drive direct to my quadrant. Worked much better than the ST4000 wheel pilot (that is still present) .  Steered like a train on rails in gusty run and broad reach. Great day sailing for the first time in 2 years! 

Thanks
Andrew
The offset correction works well by correcting the offset with the Pypilot OpenCpn plugin.

With the Pypilot web server, there is a bug with the compass offset field which is currently not active to enter the offset.
You should be able to adjust it from the calibration menu, the opencpn plugin, or the pypilot_client. I will check the web interface..
(2021-06-14, 11:41 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: You should be able to adjust it from the calibration menu, the opencpn plugin, or the pypilot_client.   I will check the web interface..

I could not see this option in the Tiny pilot menus or the Web app. I don't have it connected to OpenCPN.

Thanks
Andrew
from the main menu, it should be under "calibration" and "heading"
(2021-06-15, 06:35 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: from the main menu, it should be under "calibration" and "heading"

Thanks! I see it now.