This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICM-20948 (QWIIC) setup or standard i2c
(2022-01-16, 01:14 AM)Finbar J Wrote: Correction to detail - it worked fine - thanks - its much better than my earlier GY-91 which didnt have baro working.... (least bad out of 5 tried!)

I had a poor connection on the IMU - I was intermittently loosing power to it.  

I had been waving the imu round to calibrate, and must have worked it loose!
Finbar

hello everyone,

i am joining this thread because it fits well thematically i think.

While trying to get an ICM-20948 to run on my Pypilot, I ran into the following problem:

On a Raspi Zero Tinypilot runs with the image tinypilot_2020_10_27.img.xz
With this version the ICM-20948 is not recognized, but this is well known.

I have successfully installed the RTIMULib2 library as suggested here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....=RTIMULib2

After that I did an update of Pypilot as suggested in Git by Sean/ Ironman:

cd
mkdir pypilot-update
cd pypilot-update/
git clone git://github.com/pypilot/pypilot
git clone git://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_data
cp -rv pypilot_data/* pypilot
cd pypilot
sudo python3 setup.py install
sudo reboot

This all works fine so far.

The problem: The ICM-20948 is recognized and can be calibrated. But after about 3-4min the ICM-20948 apparently quits. The IMU is no longer recognized. Only after a reboot the game runs from the beginning.
Two other IMUs (BNO055, LSM6DS33+LIS3MDL) are working without problems with the same hardware and setting.

On a Raspberry4 with Pypilot and Openplotter the same IMU runs without problems and without any failures. So it does not seem to be the sensor itself.

Does anyone have an explanation for this behavior and maybe even a solution?

what I had almost forgotten:
on board of my boat already runs a Pypilot with a MPU9250, but its compass can not be calibrated well. That's the reason why I'm experimenting with more IMUs. And I am very enthusiastic about the control behavior and the low power consumption of the Pypilot. This enthusiasm I also have for the great workbook from ironman.....
I myself am part of the German Open-Boat-Project in the sailing forum (segeln-forum.de) and have a very high appreciation for all the maritime DIY projects like Pypilot, Openplotter, SignalK and all the other...

michael

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Messages In This Thread
ICM-20948 (QWIIC) setup or standard i2c - by esm - 2021-06-14, 08:31 PM
RE: ICM-20948 (QWIIC) setup or standard i2c - by Moeritsen - 2022-01-21, 01:51 PM