This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rpi 4 nmea 0183 via max3232 uart gpio
hello it is dangerous for the rpi to receive nmea 0183 whith  r232 converter to ttl (3,3V)  directly on uart 0 PL011 i have ten converter and not usb r232 (i am at anchorage ) good  idea or bad thanks for your help Idea
with 3.3 volt output ithis is not dangerous at all, but be absolutely shure to have the same ground and no power inbetween before connecting to the pi. First measure then connect the pi pins.
(2021-06-19, 05:49 PM)holgerw Wrote: with 3.3 volt output ithis is not dangerous at all, but be absolutely shure to have the same ground and no power inbetween before connecting to the pi. First measure then connect the pi pins.

thanks i think in the boat all thing have the same ground one baterry  for the instrument i connect old furuno gp 32 directly  to converter whith rs232 signal and the power of converter it the pi the ground it the same   thanks for your interest

the shematic

Attached Files Image(s)