This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPT Wheel Pilot parts for Pypilot project
If anyone is interested I have an old CPT wheel pilot that would be good for a pypilot project.

Parts-
Drive belt(s)
Wheel hub that attaches to wheel spokes w/ j-bolts
motor drive unit & housing with fully functional manual clutch
The drive uses what looks like a Bosch wiper motor, it works simply by reversing power leads.
Pedestal mounting bracket for drive unit
Also included is the control head with the dead optical compass inside that could be modified to use as a new control housing.

With a ‘standard’ pypilot and motor controller this would make for a fairly straight forward project and install on most wheel steered boats.

The unit functioned fine as it was originally designed by CPT however its optical compass eventually stopped working reliably. Its not economical to repair the optical compass which lead me to learning how to deploy pypilots and motor controllers. I sold that boat a while back and now have a hydraulic pypilot AP system so I no longer need these parts.

The simplicity of using this tried and proven drive system is the fact that it can easily mount on a ton of boats and make it pretty simple for someone hoping to jump start a reliable pypilot project. Its not plug and play and you’ll have to sort things out. What I can assure you of is that the drive motor and clutch function well and that most everything is included to build a solid drive system based on a great design that’s been a favorite of owners and delivery skippers for decades.

Terms would be actual shipping and handling costs from mid-Atlantic US East coast plus whatever price we agree on sent PayPal. I’d like to re-coop what I’ve got invested in it, I had to purchase the unit, a new drive clutch assembly, belts, j-bolts plus the unit itself and some other bits and pieces. If it doesn’t attract much attention here I may list it on eBay. PM with questions or an offer that’s not insulting and we’ll go from there.

When I get time I’ll take some photos and update this post to include them, meanwhile if you’re interested PM me. This is a parts only deal, you can find support asking other people questions on this forum.
(2021-06-25, 06:41 PM)Pata de palo Wrote: Si alguien está interesado, tengo un viejo piloto de rueda CPT que sería bueno para un proyecto pypilot.

Partes-
Correa (s) de transmisión Cubo de
rueda que se conecta a los radios de la rueda con
unidad de transmisión del motor con pernos en J y carcasa con embrague manual totalmente funcional
La transmisión usa lo que parece un motor de limpiaparabrisas Bosch, funciona simplemente invirtiendo los cables de alimentación.
Soporte de montaje en pedestal para la unidad de transmisión
También se incluye el cabezal de control con la brújula óptica inactiva en el interior que podría modificarse para usarse como una nueva caja de control.

Con un piloto piloto y un controlador de motor "estándar", esto sería un proyecto bastante sencillo y se instalaría en la mayoría de los barcos con dirección de ruedas.

La unidad funcionó bien, ya que fue diseñada originalmente por CPT, sin embargo, su brújula óptica finalmente dejó de funcionar de manera confiable. No es económico reparar la brújula óptica, lo que me llevó a aprender a desplegar pilotos y controladores de motor. Vendí ese barco hace un tiempo y ahora tengo un sistema AP de pypilot hidráulico, por lo que ya no necesito estas piezas.

La simplicidad de usar este sistema de propulsión probado y comprobado es el hecho de que se puede montar fácilmente en una tonelada de barcos y hacerlo bastante simple para alguien que espera poner en marcha un proyecto pypilot confiable. No es plug and play y tendrás que arreglar las cosas. Lo que puedo asegurarles es que el motor de transmisión y el embrague funcionan bien y que casi todo está incluido para construir un sistema de transmisión sólido basado en un gran diseño que ha sido el favorito de los propietarios y patrones de entregas durante décadas.

Los términos serían los costos reales de envío y manipulación desde la costa este de EE. UU. Del Atlántico medio más el precio que acordamos en el envío de PayPal. Me gustaría recuperar lo que he invertido en él, tuve que comprar la unidad, un nuevo conjunto de embrague de transmisión, correas, pernos en J más la unidad en sí y algunas otras partes y piezas. Si no atrae mucha atención aquí, puedo incluirlo en eBay. PM con preguntas o una oferta que no sea insultante y partiremos de ahí.

Cuando tenga tiempo, tomaré algunas fotos y actualizaré esta publicación para incluirlas, mientras tanto, si estás interesado, envíame un mensaje de correo electrónico. Este es un trato solo de partes, puede encontrar soporte haciendo preguntas a otras personas en este foro.

Hola; ¿Tienes fotos?
Atentamente
Esteban
My email is estebanbikic@comodoro.com
Photo 

Thanks for share dude, 45 euros is fine?