This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP Starter - Download Issues
I'm on my 4th attempt trying to download Openplotter Starter. The file seems to get corrupted about the same byte with wget reporting a read error at byte 931630040. I had been using my browsers downloader but thought I'd give wget a try hoping for a better result.

Is anyone else encountering download issues?

Is it possible to post checksum values?

Is it possible to offer Torrent downloads?
No problems downloading from here.

https://cloud.openmarine.net/s/sL9doDML7P4CQDo

2020-12-16-OpenPlotter-v2-Starting-img.zip:

SHA1:b361df2f646ed7f045ce0e98d06d42e094a563e8
MD5:e115b1bf524c450eada20499c762ea8f
(2021-06-28, 08:35 PM)Sailoog Wrote: No problems downloading from here.

2020-12-16-OpenPlotter-v2-Starting-img.zip:

SHA1:b361df2f646ed7f045ce0e98d06d42e094a563e8
MD5:e115b1bf524c450eada20499c762ea8f

That's the same link I'm using, two in a row that won't unzip without a corrupt file error (using several different applications) and one that was almost complete then forced wget to re-start.

I'm on a cellular connection which can't be helping the situation.

Thanks for checking
Yep, I'm having a similar issue. Even clicked on the link provided by Sailoog. Still getting a "Failed - Network error". I've tried with my PC and my RPi, same result. I also tried the Moitessier HAT version, same result.[url=https://cloud.openmarine.net/s/mgakCZ5BSJYsysa][/url]
I'm having a similar issue. The download starts, but then stops after a few minutes with a status of "Failed - Network error" and no further information. I tried it on both my PC on wifi and on ethernet, and also my Raspberry Pi with the same result. Also the same result with the OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT and with the direct link.

Also, on OpenCPN.org I went here:
  1. Home > OpenCPN Manuals > OpenCPN User Manual > Getting Started > OpenCPN Installation > Raspberry Pi 2/3/4
and tried to follow the link for the guide to installing OpenPlotter with NOOBS (https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...arted.html), but I just get a "Page not found" error. Is there another way to get to this guide?

Thanks,
Ben
I tried another WiFi connection and was able to download it rather quickly and it worked perfectly. I think the errors I encountered were related to issues with my cell provider perhaps throttling bandwidth or something.

I used the Starter link mentioned by Sailoog above-

I've cobbled together a rough guide as to how I installed it, its somewhat particular to my setup but it might help someone else who's new to this get through the process a little easier. There's a well known bug in Raspian that affects wireless lan interfaces on Pi3B+'s. I eventually figured out a way to get it 2 wlan's working fairly happily. I need 3 but haven't tried that yet. I'm ready to upgrade to a Pi 4 soon. Once I've had a little time to edit what I put together I'll post my how-to guide.
I too am having problems downloading the OS, every time I get Image files corrupted!
I have been trying for 2 weeks,
Have tried every download site I can find
Have tried in the middle of the night
Have tried using a Hotspot.
Have tried on other computers.

I am seriously underwhelmed. Did the others on this post finally succeed if so how, or did they give up.
I am close to throwing my Pi in the bin.
(2021-10-11, 11:00 AM)bosun Wrote: Did the others on this post finally succeed if so how, or did they give up.

I can relate! I tried with my PC at home both on wifi and on ethernet, my Android tablet, the Pi itself, and even my PC at work, with no success. I also tried with different browsers and disabling my virus scanning. But I had my son try on his gaming computer and it worked. I still don't know why, he used the same home network that I tried. Maybe he has some ports open for gaming that helped, IDK.
(2021-10-11, 06:29 PM)bhaymond Wrote:
(2021-10-11, 11:00 AM)bosun Wrote: Did the others on this post finally succeed if so how, or did they give up.

I can relate! I tried with my PC at home both on wifi and on ethernet, my Android tablet, the Pi itself, and even my PC at work, with no success. I also tried with different browsers and disabling my virus scanning. But I had my son try on his gaming computer and it worked. I still don't know why, he used the same home network that I tried. Maybe he has some ports open for gaming that helped, IDK.

Ah! well, that's it then. In the bin!
I don't have a game playing son, which seems to be a critical component in this.
Openplotter is a very technical undertaking and if I can't even figure out how to download the OS, it is probably better I give up now.

Is there anywhere I can buy a preloaded SD card?
(2021-10-12, 10:34 AM)bosun Wrote: Ah! well, that's it then. In the bin!
I don't have a game playing son, which seems to be a critical component in this.
Openplotter is a very technical undertaking and if I can't even figure out how to download the OS, it is probably better I give up now.

Is there anywhere I can buy a preloaded SD card?

Downloads fine here - https://cloud.openmarine.net/s/sL9doDML7P4CQDo
7-zip opens the zip file. 

what link are you using? 
what says it is corrupted?
Problem lies within your machine by the sounds of it..... some screenshots would be useful ?

[Image: Y7MN4RR.png]