This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double clutch issue
so applying power to the clutch of the pump bypasses it? So it takes power, and then allows the linear actuator to override?

I am unsure about the time delay needed. Do you mean it will trigger over current event because the hydraulic clutch takes time?

Well.. This is an interesting arrangement you have. A lot of hydraulic systems have bypass valves to allow an electric pump to move the rudder without back driving the wheel, but they are using hydraulic for the autopilot as well.

Still other arrangements use an electric motor to drive the steering wheel which then uses hydraulic to drive the rudder.

Other systems have a manual bypass valve on the hydraulic.

I have not heard of a system such as yours, but I am learning.

Would it be possible to manually bypass the hydraulic with a switch before engaging the pilot?

Could you use a time-delay circuit from the clutch output to the linear drive so it does not engage right away?

I am not suggesting either of these are best, but trying to fully understand what you are working with. Yes, pypilot could be modified to delay corrections after engaging.

Messages In This Thread
Double clutch issue - by dmilton - 2021-07-02, 08:47 AM
RE: Double clutch issue - by seandepagnier - 2021-07-02, 10:19 PM
RE: Double clutch issue - by dmilton - 2021-07-03, 06:44 AM
RE: Double clutch issue - by seandepagnier - 2021-07-03, 08:20 PM
RE: Double clutch issue - by esm - 2021-09-05, 03:38 AM
RE: Double clutch issue - by seandepagnier - 2021-09-05, 08:34 AM