This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot app don't open anymore
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure what happened, but since yesterday, Pypilot app won't start. The only thing that changed in the last days is that I installed and purged a samba server on the Rpi, but I strongly doubt this can affect. I haven't updated any app or setting. And since yesterday it just won't start. Literally I click the icon, it waits for a while, and nothing happens.

This is the current output of "Check system" from the settings app:

Code:
Checking OpenPlotter autostart... | enabled
Checking debugging mode...
 ↳enabled
Checking system log file size... | System log file size: 0.13 MB
Checking user "pi" password... | changed
Checking screensaver state... | disabled
Checking headless state... | enabled
Checking OpenPlotter packages source... | added
Checking SDR processes conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking Notifications... | Access to Signal K server validated
Checking GPIO... | pigpiod running | Access to Signal K server validated | Seatalk 1 disabled | 1W disabled | pulses disabled | digital disabled | GPIO service not running
Checking I2C sensors... | running | I2C enabled
Checking Moitessier HAT... | attached | I2C enabled | SPI enabled | driver installed
Checking Pypilot... | disabled
Checking serial connections alias... | All your serial connections have an assigned alias
Checking WIFI Access Point password... | changed
Checking Dashboards... | Node-Red enabled | Grafana running | signalk-to-influxdb plugin enabled | Influxdb running | Kapacitor running | Chronograf running
Checking Signal K server... | running
Checking OpenCPN... | running | autostart disabled
Checking serial connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking network connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking GPIO conflicts... | no conflicts
CHECK SYSTEM FINISHED

Things I've tried so far are to uninstall + reinstall Pypilot app from the Settings app, remove the "Pypilot SignalK Connection" as pointed out by the diagnostics tool, removed a couple of serial to signal k connections since there was a conflict, uninstall + reinstall Pypilot again.

I've checked the log both with and without debugging mode enabled, but i don't see anything that could be related to Pypilot. I could be missing something though.

I've checked MoitessierHAT diagnostics, and it says everything ok except that again, "Pypilot disabled".

I've tried running pypilot from console to see what happens, and the result is that it created the config files in /home/pi/.pypilot, and this output:

Code:
pi@openplotter:~ $ pypilot
loading servo calibration /home/pi/.pypilot/servocalibration
WARNING: using default servo calibration!!
Settings file not found. Using defaults and creating settings file
Failed to open settings file for saveUsing settings file RTIMULib.ini
Detected MPU9250/MPU9255 at standard address
Failed to open settings file for saveUsing fusion algorithm Kalman STATE4
IMU Name: MPU-925x
min/max compass calibration not in use
Using ellipsoid compass calibration
Using accel calibration
Loaded Pilots: ['learning', 'basic', 'wind', 'simple', 'absolute']
warning: failed to open special file /dev/watchdog0 for writing
         cannot stroke the watchdog
connected to gpsd
autopilot failed to read imu at time: 1625636688.342229
MPU-925x init complete
autopilot failed to read imu at time: 1625636688.52544
nmea ready for connections
listening on port 20220 for nmea connections
servo timeout 4.061646223068237
servo lost connection
busy, try again later ('/dev/ttyAMA0', 38400) False nmea0
busy, try again later ('/dev/ttyAMA0', 38400) False servo

Just to clarify, I don't have any auto pilot, i just want to run the app to set the appropiate mode to get attitude.pitch and attitude.roll keys, as well as runnning the calibration.

All this happened when I moved the Rpi, and wanted to recalibrate :/

Btw, the pylot.conf file that has been created, contains  "ap.mode": "compass" and  "ap.pilot": "basic", so I don't understand why Pypilot appears as disabled everywhere else.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Well, I have no clue why, but it seems that user "pi" no longer had proper permisisons in folder "/home/pi". Fixing that allowed pypilot to run properly as it used to.

Sorry for making you lose time  Big Grin