This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pi not responding after being up for a couple of days
This is a bit weird, my Pi4 seems to stop responding the network requests (vnc/telnet/webpages) after being powered on fir just a couple of days.  I went to the boat the first time it happened and it seemed fine, leds blinking as you'd expect.  following a hard reboot service was restored.

2nd time it happened it was working fine 5 minutes prior which i found strange, no lag or slowness at all. I set off a continuous ping to the Pi which timed out for a few minutes but then started replying.  Then there was a clear pattern, 30ish timeouts followed by 30ish replies. this pattern kept repeating until i rebooted a couple hours later.

Any ideas what might cause this symptom, or how i might go about debugging please.

openplotter 5.10.17-v7l+ #1421 

Cheers, Colin

One other point, i left a continuous ping to the Pi running for a few days and the Pi remains stable