This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power 12 vol 12 amp hydraulic pump
I have bought Sean's pilot, complete to incorporate it into my princess 36, the motor controller is 2.1, I have seen that the hydraulic pump has a consumption of 12 amps on its label, I believe that in large rudder efforts, it exceeds this consumption.
Is this driver that I bought valid?
Can I replace it with another unit?
If I implant a relay and diode system on its output, do you think it would work?
I have not yet mounted anything until I have the installation sure.
I await your responses.
Greetings
I think 12 amps is a lot to ask of it. You could try but I think it will overheat and temperature sensor will stop it from working for a while. If it breaks some other way I will replace it, so it should be harmless to try it.

I do have a high power controller for 30 amps, but there are many parts shortages, so every time I must redesign with different parts and build only a few in case there is a problem with each new design. This happened 4 times now. So I do not have a lot of these, but if you contact me by email or PM I have a waiting list.

If you use a relay, yes it can work, but it wont have current sense so the controller will not have stall detection, so you should use end stop switches or rudder feedback. Also there would be no soft-start so the motor and gears will work harder with more jerk. You can just wire each output to each relay and ground, and use the diode across the relay coil to dissipate the coil energy when turned off. So the diode does not need to conduct when it is on. Then adjust the settings for min and max speed to hopefully reduce consumption, but unfortunately pypilot is not specifically optimized for driving relays which means the would keep the same voltage the whole time rather than reducing power just to hold the relay on. The clutch output does this, but not the regular output (yet)