This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New wind sensor - Pypilot + Davis
Hi Sean,
my Davis sensor has only one season of operation, less than one year, so it is not the most probable explanation, but if necessary I will check it and by the way try to rotate the potentiometer to avoid the dead zone and the 180° compensation (there was no way for me to put the sensor forward).
I don't think to a problem with the RJ11 plug because it is shining and my boat stay very dry, but I will use a contact cleaning spray to clear this question.
Meanwhile, I intend to check the weather sensor at home. I think inject variable voltage on the RJ11 data wire, so between earth and data wires. I read on the Davis Internet site that the signal for the speed is given by a an magnetic switch, so I can try to send an hacked signal by a way to imagine, and for the direction a variable voltage.
I was thinking to a possible Arduino software corrupted, maybe do to electromagnetic surge during lighting storm. Is there a way to check the integrity of this soft and to reinstall a clean one in case of trouble?
thanks for your help,
Eric

Messages In This Thread
New wind sensor - Pypilot + Davis - by MigGat - 2021-07-27, 11:38 AM
RE: New wind sensor - Pypilot + Davis - by MigGat - 2021-07-28, 08:21 AM
RE: New wind sensor - Pypilot + Davis - by MigGat - 2021-07-28, 10:15 AM
RE: New wind sensor - Pypilot + Davis - by MigGat - 2021-07-28, 12:00 PM
RE: New wind sensor - Pypilot + Davis - by MigGat - 2021-07-28, 06:48 PM
RE: New wind sensor - Pypilot + Davis - by MigGat - 2021-07-29, 08:00 AM
RE: New wind sensor - Pypilot + Davis - by MigGat - 2023-01-31, 06:13 PM
RE: New wind sensor - Pypilot + Davis - by MigGat - 2023-02-01, 04:51 PM
RE: New wind sensor - Pypilot + Davis - by Erickalon - 2024-03-17, 10:04 AM