This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Onwa KS200-A AIS black box to OpenPlotter
I have the following instruments I'm trying to connect to OpenPlotter:

1) Raymarine ST4000+ autopilot - SeaTalk 1
2) Raymarine ST60+ Wind - SeaTalk 1
3) Raymarine i50 TriData - SeaTalk1/SeaTalk-NG
4) Onwa KS-200-A AIS black box.

The docs for the Onwa say that AIS output data conforms with NMEA0183 V3.01, and that 2 of the 8 bare wires on the power/data cable (white & blue) are to be connected to the navigational equipment. No further details provided. I see how I can connect/convert the first 3 items to a NMEA2000 backbone, then connected to a SH-RPI hat, but not sure how to connect the Onwa. Does it have to connect directly to the NMEA2000 or can it connect directly to OpenPlotter somehow via USB?