This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot for Dummies -The Uninitiated
Well I am not sure about exactly the problem, but it sounds like the display is working.

I am not sure what you mean "pypilot part of openplotter is gone" do you mean icons or links?

As for control, you can use the opencpn pypilot plugin or also type pypilot_control on command line.

As for the errors, you obviously deleted the pypilot directory but not needed as the screen is now working.

As for the motor controller. It is most likely because the serial port is not configured.

Try:
ls -l /dev/serial0

It must point to /dev/ttyAMA0, If you see /dev/ttyS0 then it is no surprise. It is also possible some other process is trying to access the port. Let me know if it points to /dev/ttyAMA0 or not.. The openplotter-pypilot plugin is supposed to detect this and correct it if needed so this could be a good test of that. So yeah all of this is supposed to just work without any manual steps you are going through. Really thanks for sticking by and it gives me good feedback.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pypilot for Dummies -The Uninitiated - by seandepagnier - 2021-09-13, 07:47 AM