This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No wind vector on OpenCPN
Dear all,

I have an installation using Raymarine equipment that is connected to an OpenPlotter device through NGT1 translator.

The OpenPlotter device does receive well all the NMEA data from the Raymarine seatalk. When browsing data from the Signal K server web interface, I can see the environment.wind sentences.

However, OpenCPN does not display the wind vector and seems not to receive those environment.wind sentences from the Signal K server.

I have been looking in the settings and googled it too, to no avail.

Could someone provide me with some hint on how to debug this?

Thanks in advance,
Pierre
Mine works with a MWV nmea sentence, which is created by the wind sensor. You might need to create that sentence using the Convert Signal K to NMEA0183 plug in. 

[Image: ekbkS7T.png]
Hi Paddy,

Thanks very much for your response. Could you give me some additional indications on how to do so?

Best regards,
Pierre
(2021-08-06, 06:58 PM)vmalep Wrote: Hi Paddy,

Thanks very much for your response. Could you give me some additional indications on how to do so?

Best regards,
Pierre

Of course ?
So in signalk if you click on app store / available it shows all the different apps available, top right there's a filter drop down menu, set that to NMEA and you should see something like the screenshot below, @signalk/signalk-to-nmea0183 is the one you want. To the right of that there should be a little cloud icon (screen shot is different as I have it already installed) , click on the could icon and it will install the plug in. Once installed restart signalk. 

[Image: dXs658B.png]

Then you can go to server / plugin config. And signalk/signalk-to-nmea0183 plugin should be there, try selecting MWV and see if it works. if you have environment.wind.angleApparent  and speed it should.............. good luck!