This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB serial signal K error Module did not self-register:
I am having issues with setting up USB GPS. tried search but cannot find a solution. 

Set it to a serial connection in OpenCPN works fine, no data in Signal k
Set up as gps1 alias and NMEA 0183 data

My problem when trying to connect gps USB to Signal K,
It worked earlier, now I get error in signal K
Module did not self-register:”/usr/lib/node_modules/signal-server/node_modules…

I added/updated node-red and had a lot of issues installing. The recommended command would not run, I installed Node.js,(version 16.6.1) , then was able to install Node red . I seem to have node-red running without issues, but cannot seem to get eth gps data to run through Signal K.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Rasp Pi 4
Pican M hat
Have not connected to NMAE 2000 raymarine (tried but without internet at boat hard to troubleshoot)
Grove  IMU  10DOF
MPU-9250 (working PyPilot compass only)
BMP280 on I2C working (need to update to proper units)
Hi,
Same problem here, anybody have any idea?

I thought was my old installation.
So I did a new installation from scratch and the problem come out again.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
I'm having the same issue, again after updating npm / node to install node-RED.

I tried copying an old /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node file over the newer one, updating signal k, anything I can think of..
Had a similar problem but was using Pypilot for compass input.

Had to select GPSD as the connection in the serial app to get it to work.
might be worth asking the signalk devs over on slwck

http://signalk-dev.slack.com/
Maybe after a failed compilation of the serialport module, npm thinks that the module is correctly installed and does not try to reinstall. I suggest to uninstall the openplotter-signalk-installer app and install it again or manually delete the folder /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport and reinstall signal k.
What sailoog said.

Most of the Signal K server is pure JavaScript which is platform independent. However when you talk to hardware like serial ports you need ”glue” code that binds the js runtime to platform specific serial port apis. When you for example upgrade Node.js these bindings need to be updated with a reinstall, that will either doenload the correct version of the bindings or compile them locally.