This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting from sctatch
I understand, but also when you build yourself you have something usually better that you can fix for cheaper. In the case of pypilot it is going to be a lot cheaper though, unless you get a used system but that is unlikely to be cheaper and it will not be very good.

I dont mean for a power steering pump, although maybe it can work, but actual just electric power steering motor. Ted Coats has this, see his posts on pages 2,3,4
https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....=ted+coats

I used a motor from F-150 truck but there are only a few models in many vehicles. They are all fairly similar in power. In junkyard here they are $6 each because they have no value since they never burn out no one wants them for parts.

It costs a lot to ship to south pacific except american samoa which is very cheap. So I suggest having redundancy. Even just having extra imu sensors as cheapest option, and since you have many spare pi already you will automatically have the ability to build a complete autopilot backup computer. The regular motor controller I produce can drive wiper motors fine, but larger motors may need the larger controller. I am not sure about the power steering motors current requirements, but I know Ted has the larger motor controller, not sure it is required or not.

Messages In This Thread
Starting from sctatch - by rfe3 - 2021-08-14, 11:53 AM
RE: Starting from sctatch - by seandepagnier - 2021-08-14, 06:28 PM
RE: Starting from sctatch - by rfe3 - 2021-08-14, 10:18 PM
RE: Starting from sctatch - by seandepagnier - 2021-08-15, 12:48 AM
RE: Starting from sctatch - by rfe3 - 2021-08-16, 07:52 PM
RE: Starting from sctatch - by seandepagnier - 2021-08-16, 08:17 PM