This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signalk-to-nmea2000 ver 2.13.0
Hi!
Maybe the wrong forum but I just want to say thanks to those who have contributed to this version. 
It now has support for pgn 129283 and 129284 which makes it possible to send nav data to an ap or a separate display. This will make my life (at least on my sailboat…) so much easier!
Thanks ever so much!
Cheers 
P
(2021-08-17, 06:32 PM)Celestine Wrote: Hi!
Maybe the wrong forum but I just want to say thanks to those who have contributed to this version. 
It now has support for pgn 129283 and 129284 which makes it possible to send nav data to an ap or a separate display. This will make my life (at least on my sailboat…) so much easier!
Thanks ever so much!
Cheers 
P

Curious to know how you're sending the data to network/port. I see no config of that available in Server > Plugin Config. All I'm looking for is that apps (ie SEAiq) access NMEA2000 data from the network on a specific port. I can see how SK already does that on port 10110 for NMEA0183, but can't figure out how to do the exact same with NMEA2000.
Hi,
The SK to nmea2000 takes SK data convert it and send it out on the nmea2000 bus. From what you write it seems you want to do the other way around.
But there's an app for that as well. It's named n2k-signalk and does just that.
Cheers
P
Photo 
The "signalk-to-nmea2000" plugin cannot be updated. Is my Pi running out of steam or?  Huh

https://i.imgur.com/T9uw3KV.png
Hi! I'm new to this and have zero programming knowledge. I have a Actisense NGT-1 USB successfully connected to OpenCPN on a Raspberry Pi. I am able to communicate from the NMEA 2000/SeaTalkinNG network to the PC and pass data from the boat transducers. I would like to go the other way too. From the Signal K data which includes GPS and AIS to the NMEA 2000 network so I can display this on my Raymarine i70s.
Does this plugin do the trick?
If so, can someone walk me step-by-step as to how to install the plugin?
Thank you in advance.
I've made some progress on my own. I figured out I needed to install the Signalk-to-nmea2000 plugin and installed. I also configured the plugin and selected the data I wanted to send to the NMEA2000 network. In the Signal K dashword it says that the plugin has started. But I see no data coming through to the Raymarine SealTalkNG display i70s. I must be missing something.
install it and also one for ais-to-n2k from sk appstore.
open sk plugins.
aktivate it and the pgns you want to get to n2k. but dont make an loop, aka send one which is allready n2k again.

good luck - holger
(2023-05-12, 06:39 PM)holgerw Wrote: install it and also one for ais-to-n2k from sk appstore.
open sk plugins.
aktivate it and the pgns you want to get to n2k. but dont make an loop, aka send one which is allready n2k again.

good luck - holger

Thank you. I believe I have already done that. I have the plugin installed and running (started) and configured it to send GPS and AIS data to the NMEA2000/SeaTalkNG network. All of that is done and is running, I just can't see the data in the Raymarine SeaTalkNG display.
Do you See The signak device from there?

Do do See neu data Output in signalk log?
(2023-05-12, 08:08 PM)holgerw Wrote: Do you See The signak device from there?

Do do See neu data Output in signalk log?

I do not see the SignalK device as a source of data from the display.

I do not know how to look for data output in the SignalK log.