This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arduino Nano Every not supported?
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased 3 of the new "Arduino Nano Every" boards to use as my motor controller, but I cannot upload the sketch using the standard Arduino IDE.

It returns these two errors....

1.      "error  --  AVR processor does not provide bootloader support"
2.      "error  --  cannot find SPM enable bit definition"

Does anyone know.....

1.    If this is because the new Nano Every boards are not supported?
2.    If I tried to upload the sketches from Rasperry PI without the Arduino IDE, would I still encounter this same problem?(unfortunately I dont have my rasspberry with me to test it right now) 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
No bootloader support?

Do you have a link to the product you are trying to use? Why not the standard arduino nano?
Hello !

It's been some time I know but I have the exact same problem, so maybe one of you has found the answer and could help me.

I bought the nano every because it is said that it is pin equivalent subtiture, no re-wiring needed, more powerful bla bla bla... The original was out of stock at the moment.

I searched the whole day without success, but apparently the nano every doesn't have bootloader ?

Btw, the link to the product : https://store.arduino.cc/products/arduino-nano-every

Thanks in advance for the help ! Else I'll buy the good one.
(2023-08-16, 09:41 PM)An7oine Wrote: Hello !

It's been some time I know but I have the exact same problem, so maybe one of you has found the answer and could help me.

I bought the nano every because it is said that it is pin equivalent subtiture, no re-wiring needed, more powerful bla bla bla... The original was out of stock at the moment.

I searched the whole day without success, but apparently the nano every doesn't have bootloader ?

Btw, the link to the product : https://store.arduino.cc/products/arduino-nano-every

Thanks in advance for the help ! Else I'll buy the good one.

Hi,

I also bought a Nano Every for my pypilot project and had the same issue. I searched and searched and eventually came across the article below. Looks like they are not exactly the same so i have ordered the Nano. Hope this helps

https://forum.arduino.cc/t/nano-every-pw.../1043858/5