This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank Level Sensors
Hi everyone,
     I've got a couple of questions about Tank level sensors. I've read through some of the older topics on this but most are a couple of years old. I've read with interest the posts from olewsaa and abarrow about tank monitoring. There seems to be two schools here, internal and external. I'm trying to base the tanlk monitoring on olewsaa's wireless version using the ESP8266 to send the data wirelessly. I think I want to go the external route and was wondering if sensors like these would work : Ext. Tank Sensor

Olewsaa, if you see this, what size project boards and enclosure did you use to make these : Tank Level Sensor 
I don't see it in the photos, but in the diagram here you have a Buck converter. Did you mount the converter externally? I would like each sensor to be independent, relying only on the power wire (24V).

I'm trying to build an IoToB and use all the great stuff on this forum and here to build my system.
Many thanks,

Rick