This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Influxdb to Grafana databases
Thanks for the answer, but maybe I'm not asking the question the right way....I'm really a Software Dumba$$...If you were to hold a gun to my head and say Program Hello World...you'd just have to pull the Trigger...lol...I'm an Aircraft Engineer...I'll design and build anything you can dream of on the "Hardware" side of things, but Software and Programming...No...

Let me see if I can phrase the question better...I've been trying to use the Videos from Boating with the Baileys to make some Databases for data that I want to log over a period of time. Barometric Pressure, Environmental Temps, Battery usage etc...   In this Video: SignalK to InfluxDB
he goes in through Chronograf and to InfluxDB Admin. to add a database. (He has Influx-1) I like this way as it's easier than trying to do it through the Rpi Terminal in my opinion.

Now...my question is....Do I need to go into Chronograf and set up a different database for every Sensor that I want to Log? Like, do I need to have a Database for a BMP280 and another for a 1Wire Freezer Temp. Sensor and another for Battery Data etc... or does all the Data flow into the single Influx-1 DB and is available there to then use in SignalK?

He then goes on to link the Influx-1 DB to SignalK through the Plugin Config>InfluxDB writer and adds the DB name (Influx-1) to the Database field. If all of the data is being written to one database how do I retrieve the data that I want to use? He goes on to explain about the SignalK Paths and White and Black lists in InfluxDb writer...that kind of lost me, unless it means all of the data is in the one database and you can pick it out by White listing it...

The logged data from Influx I'd then like to bring into Grafana and make a Dashboard.

Oh God...I'm confusing myself with the question...lol...

I don't know if I've made the question any clearer or not...I really want to set up my Boat completely with a Pi based system and OpenPlotter I just need to find a step-by-step method of doing all the programming side of it. I'm like a Parrot...I may not know what it means but if I can get a method down I can repeat it forever...
Many thanks,

Rick

Messages In This Thread
Influxdb to Grafana databases - by rfe3 - 2021-09-06, 08:55 AM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by rfe3 - 2021-09-08, 08:48 AM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by PaddyB - 2021-09-10, 12:33 PM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by rfe3 - 2021-09-11, 02:09 PM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by PaddyB - 2021-09-11, 03:03 PM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by rfe3 - 2021-09-11, 03:34 PM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by PaddyB - 2021-09-11, 10:39 PM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by rfe3 - 2021-09-12, 09:54 AM
RE: Influxdb to Grafana databases - by PaddyB - 2021-09-12, 10:22 AM