This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IOT -App
Hello all,
Is there a timetable for the IOT app?
When can we expect the first release?
Greetings Jürgen
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
I'm hoping it's not too far off - waiting patiently Smile
Sorry guys but it is hard to give a date. I can only show you the TODO list:

openplotter-gpio - pulse
openplotter-gpio - digital
openplotter-iot - MQTT - Thresholds - Visual - Sound

The good news is that almost all work is done for this app but some important parts have to be rewritten to apply new standards introduced by openplotter-gpio app.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1074]
Thanks to Sailoog and the team for the hard work and the update!
(2021-01-17, 11:35 PM)Opie91 Wrote: Thanks to Sailoog and the team for the hard work and the update!

I'll second that - great work!! Thank you Smile
Sorry for the delay. We have realized that we were overloading a single application with too many features so we have divided them into 2 applications:

OpenPlotter Notifications: If you update openplotter-settings to version 2.8.1 you will see a new app "Notifications". This app helps you to set conditions for any Signal K key and trigger multiple actions. On this first release only visual and sound actions are added. Conditions are set using the signalk-threshold-notifier plugin. New types of actions soon, follow this thread: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3483

OpenPlotter IoT: This app is not released yet but it will be in charge of sharing your boat data with the world. You will be able to send or receive data from other boats or from home connecting different signal k servers, by MQTT...
Thanks Sailoog, Ill check it out!
Not sure here is the right place but I try:
OP Notification or better signalK-threshold-notifyer pi : would be helpful to have some dropdown list for available keys.

OP IoT: any beta versions in sight Wink

Thanks Sailoog for all your hard work - please keep it up, so many of us like what you have done!!!
(2021-09-20, 07:46 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: Not sure here is the right place but I try:
OP Notification or better signalK-threshold-notifyer pi : would be helpful to have some dropdown list for available keys.

OP IoT: any beta versions in sight Wink

Thanks Sailoog for all your hard work - please keep it up, so many of us like what you have done!!!

+1

I guess the best place to ask should be here: https://github.com/preeve9534/pdjr-skplu...d-notifier

Thanks to you for supporting this project for long time! 

We have taken a certain temporary distance from the project to sail, rest and think about the future. I want to open a thread to share the conclusions but I can tell you that we really want to continue with the IoT app, the rest of the apps and many new and exciting projects.