This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calibrate ds18b20 temp sensors?
Hi,

I've connected a number of ds18b20 temp sensors via a DS9490R adapter, and got it all plotting data as described here:
http://www.tiarora.no/plott-av-vind-og-temperaturer/

I am however seeing about 1-2 C in variation between the sensors, and was wondering if there is any way to calibrate them? Hoping the error is linear I figured it may be possible to simply introduce an offset for a particular sensor, but I can see no such option in OP.

I was under the impression these things came calibrated but it seems I may have bought too cheap ones or something...

Thanks,

Otto
When you use node-red and the dashboard you can simply make a function (like for the conversion degree K>C) into the flow where you add/sub a fixed value.

Had noticed the same particularity to measure up to 5deg difference with cheap sensors.

hope this helps.
(2017-02-28, 06:35 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: When you use node-red and the dashboard you can simply make a function (like for the conversion degree K>C)  into the flow where you add/sub a fixed value.

Had noticed the same particularity to measure up to 5deg difference with cheap sensors.

hope this helps.

Thanks, need to look into this.
You are using v0.8!
In v0.9 you can set the offset of 1w sensors directly and you can use node-red.
I see. Have to check out 0.9 when it is released then.
Interesting. I've always found the DS18B20 chips to be very accurate - how far out are they? Have you tried them in iced water/boiling water?

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
In my case, a couple of C, not much more. Most are very close to each other, but some are clear outliers.
I only noticed because I made a lab-setup at home and started plotting temperatures. Had all the sensors on the table essentially on top of each other but the plot showed clearly some of them where giving different values.
I suppose that's what you get when buying cheap eBay China sensors. Quality control? Naaa....