This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with tinycore + pypilot hat / Does not find IMU
(2021-10-03, 12:17 PM)MBJ335 Wrote: Hello Xavier,
I have the very same problem you got as i've just received a new Pypilot hat a few days ago, I understand the git clone command works only if the raspberry is connected to the internet how do i do that please?

Hi,

I may advise two possibilities:
  - Should you have a WiFi router hooked on the network, you can setup tinypilot WiFi on that router and you should be able to reach github
  - Should you be familiar with ssh, you can download the content on an alternate machine and copy it on the tinypilot ; example with a linux box:
Code:
# Linux box hooked at first on a network having internet connection
cd ~
mkdir RTIMULib_update
cd RTIMULib_update
git clone git://github.com/seandepagnier/RTIMULib2.git
tar czvf RTIMULib2.tar.gz RTIMULib2
rm -rf RTIMULib2

# Now hook your linux box on the tinypilot WiFi AP
scp RTIMULib2.tar.gz tc@192.168.14.1  # Note: password is pypilot

# Now ssh on your tinypilot
ssh tc@192.168.14.1
sudo sh /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tinypilot/pypilot_dependencies/python-RTIMULib/python-RTIMULib.build

Otherwise, as Sean advised, wait a little for the release of the next tinypilot image.

Best regards,

Xavier.
(2021-10-03, 07:55 PM)damien Wrote:
(2021-10-03, 12:17 PM)MBJ335 Wrote: Hello Xavier,
I have the very same problem you got as i've just received a new Pypilot hat a few days ago, I understand the git clone command works only if the raspberry is connected to the internet how do i do that please?

Hi,

I may advise two possibilities:
  - Should you have a WiFi router hooked on the network, you can setup tinypilot WiFi on that router and you should be able to reach github
  - Should you be familiar with ssh, you can download the content on an alternate machine and copy it on the tinypilot ; example with a linux box:
Code:
# Linux box hooked at first on a network having internet connection
cd ~
mkdir RTIMULib_update
cd RTIMULib_update
git clone git://github.com/seandepagnier/RTIMULib2.git
tar czvf RTIMULib2.tar.gz RTIMULib2
rm -rf RTIMULib2

# Now hook your linux box on the tinypilot WiFi AP
scp RTIMULib2.tar.gz tc@192.168.14.1  # Note: password is pypilot

# Now ssh on your tinypilot
ssh tc@192.168.14.1
sudo sh /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tinypilot/pypilot_dependencies/python-RTIMULib/python-RTIMULib.build

Otherwise, as Sean advised, wait a little for the release of the next tinypilot image.

Best regards,

Xavier.

Thank you so much for your help, i managed it by switching the sd card from the computer to the raspberry, it is a bit dirty but it worked out...the build routine must be launched from where the file is stored, that was my mistake!
Anyway I will wait for the next tinypilot image release from Sean (no hurry...)
Kind regards,
MBJ
I am having the same issue I suspect. After connecting tinypilot to my network using the client wifi settings I still cannot seem to download the repository
Any suggestion on what the problem might be?

tc@box:~/RTIMULib_update$ git clone git://github.com/seandepagnier/RTIMULib2.git
Cloning into 'RTIMULib2'...
fatal: Unable to look up github.com (port 9418) (Temporary failure in name resolution)
From the workbook: "If you specified a fixed ip address (Client Mode Address), you will get the message fatal: Unable to look up github.com (port 9418) (Temporary failure in name resolution). Understandable, because you have not specified a fixed dns and gateway yet. Make sure there's nameserver 8.8.8.8 in /etc/resolve.conf, and specify a default gateway e.g. sudo route add default gw 10.10.10.1"
Sometimes it will also fail from ssl issues. A simple way around this, is to clone to another system (not tinycore linux) then clone from that:

tc@box:~/RTIMULib_update$ git clone user@<other-ip-address>Confusedeandepagnier/RTIMULib2

Or update to my latest image:
https://pypilot.org/images

Also check the forum for stelian's image for pi zero w2. I fully intend to integrate utilize it soon.... when I can find time to verify. It should support icm20948 too.
(2022-03-24, 06:41 PM)ironman Wrote: From the workbook: "If you specified a fixed ip address (Client Mode Address), you will get the message fatal: Unable to look up github.com (port 9418) (Temporary failure in name resolution). Understandable, because you have not specified a fixed dns and gateway yet. Make sure there's nameserver 8.8.8.8 in /etc/resolve.conf, and specify a default gateway e.g. sudo route add default gw 10.10.10.1"

Yep, you nailed it... I specified an IP so I could ssh in without guessing what it might be. 

That workbook is full of interesting things I was not aware of. I will refer to it going forward.

Who ever wrote it deserved a lot of credit. A ton of work has gone into that!
(2022-03-24, 07:18 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: Sometimes it will also fail from ssl issues.    A simple way around this, is to clone  to another system (not tinycore linux) then clone from that:

tc@box:~/RTIMULib_update$ git clone user@<other-ip-address>Confusedeandepagnier/RTIMULib2

Or update to my latest image:
https://pypilot.org/images

Also check the forum for stelian's image for pi zero w2.   I fully intend to integrate utilize it soon.... when I can find time to verify.   It should support icm20948 too.

Hi
I've just tried the most recent 2021-11-16 version of tinypilot image and the icm20948 is supported right away. Also the problem i had with wifi starting up only occasionally seems solved. Compass offset bug is solved as well. I am going to try it at sea later on this week. Also the web interface speaks french now...well a kind of french, sometimes quite funny i must say :-)), Sean if you wish i can correct the mistakes, in that case let me know the best way to proceed.
Mbj
The translations are "auto generated" unless human corrected.

I am happy to accept changes, the only real issue is the german translation was also "funny" and two different german speakers disagreed on how to change it.

The easiest way is to edit and submit a pull request or email me the changes to this file:
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/blob/...essages.po
(2022-05-04, 05:45 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: The translations are "auto generated" unless human corrected.

I am happy to accept changes, the only real issue is the german translation was also "funny" and two different german speakers disagreed on how to change it.

The easiest way is to edit and submit a pull request or email me the changes to this file:
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/blob/...essages.po

Ok, i'm not surprised they are Germans after all, they like precision! i'll take a look into it and will propose only changes i am sure of (let's say at 99%)