This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot boot failure on pypilot hat with Nokia display
The motor controller must have 12 volt power to be able to work because there is optical isolation. So without power to the controller there is no communication. Ensure the red light on the controller is on to know it is powered.

As for the terminal, yes everything is normal. There are a few warnings that should be suppressed but I never bothered since few users use an hdmi display. The hdmi would be useful mainly for debugging, and at that only for debugging networking. Otherwise I simply use ssh to connect.

It would be possible to display what is shown on the lcd also on hdmi but I am not sure if that is useful. As for gui etc.. if you really want this I suggest just using openplotter or another distro as for now, there is no graphical interface on the tinypilot.

Not sure about your gyro error message, but if it went away likely the connections were poor. Would be interested to know if you find this problem again, or if you can check the pins are clean on the pi if it happens.

Suggest you try the newer image, and check back soon for the next release.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tinypilot boot failure on pypilot hat with Nokia display - by seandepagnier - 2021-10-01, 04:49 AM