This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie jumps in - instant problems
Good day

I have installed a multiplexer with 2 connections

1. GPS antenna on Connection 2
2. Nmea 0183 data from a variety of B&G instruments on Connection 1

I followed the latest directions in Openplotter, which had me bouncing back and forth between OP and Signal K.  It seemed I had been successful but there are 2 problems:

1. The only data being received is from the GPS antenna (confirmed by looking at a dashboard and by viewing the sentences being received).  None of the nmea data from my instruments is being received

2. The diagnostic screen threw the following message:

"Checking OpenCPN...[not running}autostart disabled
The default OpenCPN connection is missing and is not getting data from Signal K.  Please create this connection in OpenCPN:
Network
Protocol: Signal K
Address: localhost
Dataport:3000
Automatic server discovery: not

I'm tempted to re-flash the SD card and start over.  Advice needed...I should say one weird thing I noticed is that the switch to "Suppress nmea events" is ON...that seems to be a bad thing.

Messages In This Thread
Newbie jumps in - instant problems - by Island_Moose - 2021-10-06, 11:26 PM