This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B&G H1000 Support Post
Anyone out there with a B&G H1000 system will feel my pain.  This is good quality equipment that is now outdated and abandoned by the manufacturer.  I set out to replace the chartplotter and bring my system into the 21st century, and I have finally done it.  It took months of research, as the H1000 system uses proprietary cabling and protocols.  But it CAN BE DONE!!  Don't spend $10K on a new system until you stop here first.

If you've got one and you're struggling...post here.
(2021-10-21, 01:29 AM)Island_Moose Wrote: Anyone out there with a B&G H1000 system will feel my pain.  This is good quality equipment that is now outdated and abandoned by the manufacturer.  I set out to replace the chartplotter and bring my system into the 21st century, and I have finally done it.  It took months of research, as the H1000 system uses proprietary cabling and protocols.  But it CAN BE DONE!!  Don't spend $10K on a new system until you stop here first.

If you've got one and you're struggling...post here.

Hello Moose,

I'll have one shortly. It's attached to my new (old) boat, a Scampi 30. While I'm still working on the delivery, I'd like to prepare for the integration of this old B&G hardware into my OpenCPN system (which I've recently started to collect for assembly). Since I can't find any Raspberry Pis, I've loaded OpenPlotter onto an old Netbook. I'm looking forward to putting everything together. Any wisdom which you can provide will certainly be appreciated.
Hi @Island_Moose,

I have a B&G H1000 system, including in particular an autopilot.
Unfortunately, the autopilot control panel is not waterproof anymore. I plan to sail on longer navigations, and even to sail for a year around the atlantic in a few years. So this situation isn't acceptable.
Besides, this autopilot is not completely reliable, it tends to turn off sometimes without explanation.

I would like :
- initially if possible, replace only the autopilot control panel with a solution based on OpenPlotter / pypilot
- in a second step perhaps, replace other electronic parts of the autopilot system

Is the first step possible ?

Thanks !