This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMU not detected - GY-91 sensor module (BMP-280 & MPU9250)
OpenPlotter docs will be updated in a few days and the pypilot chapter will be complete
Success!!!

The latest (3rd) IMU I have purchased arrived from Hong Kong today and PyPilot recognises it!    The latest IMU module was purchased from the seller recommended by Baltika_no_9 in Post #12 above (thank you).  The two previous dud modules were purchased from Aliexpress sellers.  I can now move on with the project.

Photo of the modules show the BMP820 wich was recognised by I2C but only worked intermittently.  In the centre is one of the two GY-91 modules.  Only the BMP820 part of these modules worked.  On the right is the module received today which works.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Tom. That's great news!
It drove me crazy and I gave up.

I have ordered one of the good ones.
This week I received the later Waveshare device, the 10 DOF IMU Sensor (D). The D variant uses the ICM20948 chip and I can confirm that this works with Pypilot too.