This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
New Py Zero 2 W is Out!
what if you just reboot one or the other? Do you know which one has to be rebooted? Does it require both?
(2024-03-31, 03:40 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: what if you just reboot one or the other?  Do you know which one has to be rebooted?  Does it require both?

It requires both, if I reboot only one nothing works, only if I reboot both at the same time the connection works.

Currently the connection is broken again, the last time I rebooted was just before I sent the last message…
if you have to reboot both then there is a bug in both pypilot and signalk server in my opinion.

Whichever one has to be rebooted to fix it is the one with the problem.

Long long before it stops working on average? Did you enable debug in signalk.py (uncomment line in debug function) and check the log?

I would like to reproduce it. I could at least make it not have to restart pypilot with some kind of timeout and monitoring of the signalk connection or a way to detect the server restarted.

Do other sensors and does other data in signalk continue to work?
(2024-03-31, 05:34 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: if you have to reboot both then there is a bug in both pypilot and signalk server in my opinion.

Whichever one has to be rebooted to fix it is the one with the problem.

Long long before it stops working on average?  Did you enable debug in signalk.py (uncomment line in debug function) and check the log?

I would like to reproduce it.  I could at least make it not have to restart pypilot with some kind of timeout and monitoring of the signalk connection or a way to detect the server restarted.

Do other sensors and does other data in signalk continue to work?

I just rebooted the signalk server, but there nothing happened. After enabling debug in signalk.py, I rebooted the pypilot, and I got my connection back. N2K still worked, which mainly delivers AIS and tank status. Even my victron Venus connection keeps working, although that doesn't deliver much data, since my solar panels don't seem to work.
Setting the date obviously didn't solve much, since the connection crashed, so I'll leave it being Sunday November 21, 12:04 UTC 2021.

I'll check tomorrow again and send you the logs.