This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
New Py Zero 2 W is Out!
Does the motor work? It appears it is not working and constantly probing it.
Yes it does but in a shocking motion and when I +10 and later -10 it doesn't come back exactly to its previous extension.
I think there is something wrong with your motor controller or the data connection to it.
I am using a Zero 2, and I only recently tried to zeroconf it to signalk (I use nmea0183 at the moment). When I check (running signalk.py) I get the following error:

signalk probe... 192.168.42.10:3000
signalk could not import requests No module named 'urllib3'
try 'sudo apt install python3-requests' or 'pip3 install requests'

It looks like the modules are there, but they simply don't work. It's not a major issue, but it is strange nonetheless.

-Hans
What do you get if you run python3 then
>>> import requests
You need to load some tinycore extensions first: tce-load -i python3.8-urllib3 python3.8-chardet python3.8-certifi python3.8-idna

After that it should work. If you want those to be persistent add them to /opt/bootlocal.sh and run filetool.sh -b

Not sure these should be loaded by default, in order to make zeroconf working, because I don't use it myself...
I have too many things to fix and after years of this I slow down.
I didn't fully test all the functions on the tinycore13 image yet, sorry.. it may be zeroconf/signalk is not working fully?
That's why we need more testers and more feedback.

@Hans: if you are able to test zeroconf and signalk in your setup, try the above and if it works, I'll be happy to build a new tinycore13 image !
Hi Stelian,

Sorry for the humonguous delay, I had no power on my boat anymore, so I had to buy new batteries.

The zeroconf actually works as you described, so everything works right now. If you are going to build a new tinycore13 image, don't forget to add the usb connector.

Thanks (again) and kind regards,
Hans
Hi hans-martijn,

Thanks for the confirmation. I may release a new version in the upcoming weeks, unless Sean beats me to it.