This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to publish NMEA data to an external MQTT Broker
Hi,

I've recently installed OpenPlotter to my boat and connected to my NMEA200 Network. All working fine! 

I've also an MQQT Broker installed and accessible via Internet. The boat also have Internet connection.

As far as I know, there is no IOT App available yet... so how do I publish my NMEA2000 data network to this external MQTT broker?  Dodgy
(2021-10-30, 10:45 AM)Nettuno Wrote: Hi,

I've recently installed OpenPlotter to my boat and connected to my NMEA200 Network. All working fine! 

I've also an MQQT Broker installed and accessible via Internet. The boat also have Internet connection.

As far as I know, there is no IOT App available yet... so how do I publish my NMEA2000 data network to this external MQTT broker?  Dodgy

HI,
you have two possibilities.
The first is to use a signalK plugin called: signalk-mqtt-gw, so all data from signalk will be publish in your mqtt
The other way, that I prefer is to send only what you need with the name that you like with NodeRed.

Enjoy
Thanls Spidgrou,

I've tried the plugin called signalk-mqtt-gw and it works. You can select what kind of data you want to publish. The issue I find is that all the data is published to the same topic and you can not (or I didn't find how) modify it.

I'll have a look into NodeRed...

Is there any other simple way to publish the NMEA Data you want to a MQQT topic of a Broker available on the Internet? I'm thinking on a simple python script to do it...
Nettuno,
try NodeRed, very easy, super easy Wink

Ciao
(2021-11-08, 08:01 AM)Spidgrou Wrote: Nettuno,
try NodeRed, very easy, super easy Wink

Ciao

Thanks Spidgrou, I've tried node red and you are right. Super easy  Smile