This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to setup Signalk UDP IP
Hi,

I have a Digital Yacht AIS transmitting via UDP all NMEA2000 Data. I connected OpenCPN to it without any issue, just setup the IP and port and OpenCPN is showing all the data.

I did not achieved the same with Signal K... If I select UDP there is no place for the IP, only the Port Number. If I select TCP with the AIS IP and Port there is no data on Signal K.

Somebody know how to set it up?
Select UDP and specify port, no ip.

Call me in the morning if you get worse.
(2021-10-31, 06:46 PM)tkurki Wrote: Select UDP and specify port, no ip.

Call me in the morning if you get worse.

Thanks tkurki,

I already tried this without success...   Huh
Is O udp connection still active?
Did you restart sk server?
Any errors in the server log?
I've checked this morning and I realised that since I added the connection on Signalk I lost the data on OpenCPN...

I've deleted the config from signalK and also from OPenCPN. Then I added again the data connection on CPN and all started working again... So I kept only the connection on OpenCPN.

I guess I'm doing something wrong... at the end, I'd like to have the data available on OpenCPN and also I like to publish it to a MQTT Broker I have on the net
You can have only one UDP listener active at a time.

You can add the connection in SK and connect O to SK.

Or you can add it in O and then connect SK vis tcp or udp to O.

Have a look at the mqtt plugin in SK.
Understood! I'll try when back to the boat and I'll provide feedback about the setup... regarding the mqtt plugin, I have already installed. I'll try also when have the data into SignalK

Thanks!
Hi,

I removed the UPD connection on OPenCPN, added the signalK connection on OPenCPN and Kept the UPD connection at Signal K.

Now is working great!

Thanks