This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot not turning motor
My Pypilot setup stopped working about a week ago.  It is a off the shelf setup with pypilot, motor controller, Davis wind instruments and sensor box, and rudder sender.  It worked great until about 2 weeks ago.  Wish I could tell you what I did before it quit.  I checked the motor and it works perfect directly connected to 12v both ways.  The pilot and Esther box boot perfect.  I can control it with opencpn overwifi,I can control it with wireless remote, I can controller with its web page, but it won’t drive the motor.  The motor is a Benmar and it worked before with it. And works direct from 12v again. I’m 1/2 way down the California coast headed to MX.  I also have a spare motor controller box.  It makes a fast beeping noise, and do the leds in the boxes give any fault codes or anything?Any help would be appreciated.  This might help.  Its coming up with an error message. " SYNC_MAX_RUDDER_FAULT".  It also moves the motor slightly when you engage the drive the first time after you boot PyPilot.

Thanks guys

Andy
Check the rudder range!
See https://pcnautic.gitbook.io/autopilot/v/...kalibratie
Hi....nmea0183 doesn't have adequate sentences for autopilot control. Everything you can manage is send it wind information, or course orders, and this is utilized by the inside regulator. Not certain which tillerpilot you have, but rather every one of the ones I have seen don't have spinners, and have gimbaled compass that can in a real sense swing around. This gives terrible showing and you can only with significant effort tune them or control them from a distance.

Apparently, there are no arrangements for engine command over nmea0183. In case it were feasible to move the engine straightforwardly it would be feasible to utilize pypilot with no extra equipment.

I have engine regulators accessible on pypilot.org, and they can work with any dc engine. I'm additionally intending to plan another regulator for a large portion of the expense in the following not many months, however I don't have a clue when it will be prepared and tried.