This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPi4 not talking to arduino motor driver
Thanks again Ironman. I think we can close this thread now, the original problem of not talking to the arduino board was fixed long ago. I have three card images in various states, even at current state pypilot is workable. Your work book is a credit to you, well done, I will study the "under the hood" and see what else I can get to work.

Now my next problem in a completely different area, why doesn't my drone RPi3 python script not read from a named pipe, never had that happen with an executable written in c++. Drone flight controller code is similar to pypilot (apart from is running on an STM32) in that it uses IMU/gyros/compass, PID loops etc.

Cheers and thanks again Bruce
Further to previous comments I now have everthing working on v0.32.

A couple of things I found, in openplotter pypilot, if it doesn't connect to pypilot, set to "disabled", wait for it to change settings, set to "only compass", wait, set to "autopilot", wait, now works. In openCPN, if signalk port 3000 is not working uncheck "automatic server discovery", click "Discover now" slight pause and it will say "server found" only then click "apply".

I am happy to make an image available if you think this is worthwile?

Cheers
Bruce