This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display and chart permanent on
Would like to utilize OpenPlotter as MFD and therefor the Display should stay permanent on plus the scale of the chart should keep it´s size even after reboot. What are the commands?
Frank
(2021-12-08, 05:17 PM)Baltic Sailor Wrote: Would like to utilize OpenPlotter as MFD and therefor the Display should stay permanent on plus the scale of the chart should keep it´s size even after reboot. What are the commands?
Frank

Setting the screen saver on or off is a command in OpenPlotter.

Setting a fixed chart scale can be done clicking on the tab just right of the plus/minus in the right piano menu.

Bram
Thanks for the quick answer.
I didn't want to fix the scale, I want to keep the same size of the map on the monitor after reboot. At the moment I have to resize every time after reboot.
I assume that I need just to enter the command : screen saver off in the execute tab
Is this correct?
(2021-12-08, 08:13 PM)Baltic Sailor Wrote: Thanks for the quick answer.
I didn't want to fix the scale, I want to keep the same size of the map on the monitor after reboot. At the moment I have to resize every time after reboot.
I assume that I need just to enter the command : screen saver off   in the execute tab
Is this correct?

there is a trick to doing that and I think it is:

1. open the app (openplotter and anything else) size everything how you want it 
2.  'X' out of the apps
3.  Restart them and they will start at the same locations and sizes as before.
4.  Reboot and they will restart at the same sizes and positions.

I have my screen split halfway with OCPN on one side and a web browser on the other.  the Webbrowser has 3 tabs - KIP, Pandora, Gmail.  see below

I had to do something a little different, to do that I did the following:

First I set up chromium to have KIP, Pandorra and the boats Gmail account as startup pages and then I edit the 'Autostart' profile to add Chromium:

Use the following command:
 sudo nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

Then add to this file:
@chromium-browser

That should start the browser at the size you left it, in my case half the screen
Thank you both.
The trick to X out the application did the trick to keep the same size. The screensaver I found on the Openplotter Tab settings. There is a tab for the screensaver to disable. (found this tip on the Dutch "Zeilersforum.nl"). (I live near the dutch border and speak both languages.....normally unusual for a german)
Well it´s now all working.l
Thank you.
Frank