This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No IMU detected
Hello,

I use IMU MPU 9250 and successfully calibrated it before. But it is not detected any more. The only thing changed/happened in between is reinstalling signalk (accidentally...). It remains in the same mounting place and hasn't been touched.

I also tried:
Code:
pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo i2cdetect -y 1
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:                         -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

I measured the voltage on the board, 3.2v was transferred to the sensor.

Any ideas or suggestions to test if the IMU sensor is defect or to debug this are highly appreciated. Many thanks!
If you are sure the connections are good, the best way is to try a different sensor, and/or pi to see which one is the issue. For example you could have damaged the i2c bus on the pi, and the sensor is fine.

Also if you can try a fresh sd card to rule out software.
I have tested with a new sensor, and it's working.
(2023-11-28, 06:31 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: If you are sure the connections are good, the best way is to try a different sensor, and/or pi to see which one is the issue.  For example you could have damaged the i2c bus on the pi, and the sensor is fine.

Also if you can try a fresh sd card to rule out software.

Thanks for the hints, @Sean. I just tested the new sensor but it is still not detected. I also tried a fresh sd card and got the same error. Next I will try to find another pi to test if the i2c bus is damaged. Will report back later. Many thanks!