This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
update opencpn 5.8.0
Hi all, 
I am new to openplotter. I want to use it in combination with OpenCPN 5.8.0 because of the o-charts plug-in.
But when I ask to upgrade openCPN, openplotter tells me that 5.6.2 is the current version.
What do I do wrong?
Is this the latest version of OpenPlotter? What computer are you running it on?
(2023-04-19, 03:57 PM)abarrow Wrote: Is this the latest version of OpenPlotter? What computer are you running it on?

He meant CPN 5.8.0, most likely. The new Stable Release 5.8.0 April 13, 2023 has just been released. Big Grin
You have 2 options to use OpenCPN in OpenPlotter, from flatpak or from debian backports. By default opencpn is installed from debian backport and the new version 5.8.0 will still take a little longer, the flatpak version is already at 5.8.0.

You can use the o-charts plugin in opencpn 5.6.2 and your charts license will survive when you update to opencpn 5.8.0 in few days. Do not reinstall openplotter or you will lose the license.

Can I edit your post and replace 3.8.0 by 5.8.0?
Thanks for your replies. I’ll be patient until it shows up in the Debian back port.

And yes, I mean version 5.8.0, sorry for the confusion (@Sailoog: yes please to correct my previous post)
In the mean time I’ll go ahead with my o-charts install. I was warned that I might lose my license but you reassured me. Thanks for that.
Done. Reinstalling the OS on Raspberry is more common than we would like, so I always recommend the o-charts dongle.

For the record, I work at o-charts Smile