This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pair a bluetooth wind meter
Hello,

I want to know if it possible to pair the Calypso bluetooth wind meter to OP and share the wind values by NMEA.

This is the device: https://calypsoinstruments.com/shop/prod...nd-meter-2

[Image: sXBYKSz.png]

It works with a propietary app and get all the data in the device, it will be great to get and share this data to Signal K.

Best regards.
There is a plugin for it. I have not used it myself, so ymmv.

https://www.npmjs.com/package/signalk-ca...ultrasonic
(2021-12-27, 09:05 AM)tkurki Wrote: There is a plugin for it. I have not used it myself, so ymmv.

https://www.npmjs.com/package/signalk-ca...ultrasonic

Thanks!

I will try it, hope it will work.

Regards.
I've got exactly the same setup. Unfortunately, the range of the BLE on the Calypso Ultrasonic (in my case, it is a Wired BLE version that is apparently no longer produced) hasn't been good enough use. My mast is around 50ft (15 M) and I've never been able to establish a reliable Bluetooth connection to it, even while standing on the deck and using the app on my phone. Fortunately I have the NMEA0183 signal coming in via a wired connection, and I've had good success with that.

I've repeatedly sent messages to the manufacturer for advice, and have never received a reply.

I did install the SignalK app, and very infrequently it will make a connection to the Calypso from my RPI below decks. My feeling is that with a good BLE connection to the Calypso it would work fine.

Possibly with a good quality external Bluetooth dongle you might make it work. I've spent months looking for one, but so far no luck. Since I can't calibrate, I've had to disable all but the wind strings coming out of the Calypso - magnetic compass, heel, etc. aren't usable.

If you are successful, I'd very much like to know about it.
That is unfortunate. I have been using a Maretron WSO100 for the last 8 years and am looking for a replacement. It works for now but I know my day is coming.
Hello,

I configure the Signal K plugin and it works.

But as you mention, the signal is not enough good:

[Image: HCy5zeR.png]

I have more than 20 minutes without data. Anyone knows how to see the connection link values? Any way to debug it?

I will appreciate your help.

Best regards.
You might try just getting a bluetooth USB dongle and putting it on a USB extension. I did notice on my RPI that it had better performance than the onboard bluetooth.
Hello,

Yes, I add an USB bluetooth device with a 2 meter USB wire. But it can not get good link.

I will buy a external USB device with powerfull antenna.

Kind regards.