This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote LCD Nokia5510/JLX12864 with ESP32
i did not use the jlx12864 on esp32 but the screen on the ttgo-t-display module with special drivers in micropython
Yes. I need to write down a tutorial about this... i know i said i would but my boat complete refit takes two much time as it is a hull to complete boat refit. I apologize about the delay. I will do it eventually one day though.
If you dont have the board sean mentioned or if you want a bigger screen than the ttgo can offer i modified the ugfx driver and made the remote to work with a bigger screen with an aliexpress ili driver display. Look at my github page for the changes.
Giorgos
Thanks for your reply. A tutorial would be highly appreciated.
I have ordered the ttgo module on Amazon and will give it a try in the next few days. Do you have any experience whether the display is still readable in direct sunlight?
Ok, I have now got it running with Sean's micropython firmware file on a ttgo module. Smile

I've been playing around with the sleep modes a bit. The 700uA mode works well. However, the poweroff mode seems to be controlled externally.
@seandepagniers: Can you explain what is controlled by pin 26 (power_down_pin_number)? Is it meant to control a mosfet?
are you using the latest master for the scripts on the esp32?

the schematic allows the ttgo to get into an even lower power state (0.1uA) to conserve battery but it will only wake when the auto button is pressed.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is my (not yet tested) solution with a separate 'on'  key. You can power off the device by pressing the menu and select buttons simultaneously.

I'm currently working on a waterproof remote with wireless charging dock. I will publish the whole thing when it is finished.