This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with the store?
I'm super excited by this project. 

The store is down and it looks like it may have been that way for a while. Will it be opening again?
https://pypilot.org/opencart/

I have a 30 foot sail boat that needs a new autopilot. I have a functioning Raymarine st4000 mk 2 wheel drive. One thing I'm having trouble following is how I would  get my raspberry pi running Pypilot to move the wheel drive. I know my wheel drive wants to get +12 or -12 volts to it. What kind of driver am I looking for? How many amps does it need to handle? Can you link a suitable product? 

It looks like there used to be a driver sold in the store. Will that return? Is there another way to get one?
After some digging I located a workbook. Strangely, its seems a bit hidden.

This page was quite helpful. It lists a few suggested drivers:

https://github.com/pypilot/workbook/wiki...-motor.ino

I found the information in the workbook far more comprehensive than the wiki at pypilot.org. I hope the workbook is reasonably up to date and accurate.

I'd still appreciate if someone could let me know if the pypilot store is coming back.
And just like that.....It's back!! The store is open again.
(2023-10-20, 08:43 PM)hopkinslaw Wrote: And just like that.....It's back!! The store is open again.

7 NOV2023.....it may be up but the motor controller is out of stock. Hopefully they get more stock soon. If the store owner reads this, perhaps a bit more information on the store indicating potential stock replenishment dates?

I am not sure if I should make my own motor controller.....don't really want to dig into it though.