This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opencpn charts
This is welcome news for many, I suspect..

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/show...ost2350272

Up-to-date vector charts for OpenCPN - oeSENC

A major stumbling block for many using OpenCPN has been troubles getting charts other than the aging cm93, not no more!
Well done sailoog, I believe you played a part in this.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
(2017-03-18, 05:24 PM)PaddyB Wrote: This is welcome news for many, I suspect..

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/show...ost2350272

Up-to-date vector charts for OpenCPN - oeSENC

A major stumbling block for many using OpenCPN has been troubles getting charts other than the aging cm93, not no more!
Well done sailoog, I believe you played a part in this.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Yeahhh

Thanks for posting. I have been really busy collaborating with this project but now I am back to OpenPlotter. I hope a new version is coming soon Wink
(2017-03-19, 08:13 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Yeahhh

Thanks for posting. I have been really busy collaborating with this project but now I am back to OpenPlotter. I hope a new version is coming soon Wink

Do you think you will get the new stable version out before (european) summer boating season? If I understood correctly, SignalK is a moving target and hard to catch up, so if it isn't possible I will stick this year with V0.8 ...

Thanks for your great work
Christian
Yes, we want to release the new image as soon as possible. I hope next week. It will be not a stable version but there is a big improvement, it will be self-updating. You will be able to update openplotter code, dependencies, opencpn, plugins and even raspbian from the main menu.
Hopefully it will be the last image you have to burn Smile
(2017-03-28, 08:07 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Yes, we want to release the new image as soon as possible. I hope next week. It will be not a stable version but there is a big improvement, it will be self-updating. You will be able to update openplotter code, dependencies, opencpn, plugins and even raspbian from the main menu.
Hopefully it will be the last image you have to burn Smile

Super. The last update replaced the 8192eu module with 8192cu for my Edimax Nano-dongle, and now the access point won't work anymore - I get a segfault when hostapd starts Sad 
So I will wait for next week. Muchas gracias