This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No longer able to upgrade SK
ignalK occasionally prompts for an upgrade which I was previously able to do so within OP2 on number of occasions. 

Since 1.41.1, however, I cannot update SK any longer.     Clicking on the "OK" button does nothing.  It just returns me back to the dashboard.   No error is reported. 

Regards
There was a bug in that version preventing to update. It was fixed on 1.41.2 or 1.41.3. Can't remember, but i can confirm yesterday i was able to update from 1.41.3 to 1.42.0, which is the current one.

You can update manually or just uninstall and reinstall to get the last version.
In your browser go to top RH corner then scroll down to More Tools > Clear browsing data
(2022-03-30, 08:41 AM)Lazzz Wrote: In your browser go to top RH corner then scroll down to More Tools > Clear browsing data

That fixes a browser looking at old data, not updating the server. If it is a problem then on chrome you just need to delete cached images & files 
[Image: EKN3Zxy.png]

to get 1.141.1 to update >>>

[Image: W8w3bQj.png]

in a terminal >>
 sudo systemctl stop  signalk.socket
sudo systemctl stop  signalk.service
sudo npm install -g signalk-server

sudo systemctl start  signalk.service

[Image: HfyaOR2.png]

installs this >>

[Image: GWYoQeV.png]
(2022-03-30, 11:28 AM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2022-03-30, 08:41 AM)Lazzz Wrote: In your browser go to top RH corner then scroll down to More Tools > Clear browsing data

That fixes a browser looking at old data, not updating the server. If it is a problem then on chrome you just need to delete cached images & files 
[Image: EKN3Zxy.png]

to get 1.141.1 to update >>>

[Image: W8w3bQj.png]

in a terminal >>
 sudo systemctl stop  signalk.socket
sudo systemctl stop  signalk.service
sudo npm install -g signalk-server

sudo systemctl start  signalk.service

[Image: HfyaOR2.png]

installs this >>

[Image: GWYoQeV.png]

YES.   This command line solution fixed it.  I was able to update SignalK to 1.42.0.    Just clearing the browser cache was not sufficient.     Thank you all for your help !