This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAIANA AIS transponder fully integrated in OpenPlotter
Heart 
We are proud to announce that the OpenPlotter integration of the first open source AIS transponder is complete.

We would like to congratulate Peter, the developer of MAIANA AIS transponder, for his great work and thank him for his trust. We are sure that this is only the beginning of a productive collaboration and we are already working on the next project.

All you need to know about this integration is here: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...a_app.html

Enjoy!
(2022-01-13, 08:42 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We are proud to announce that the OpenPlotter integration of the first open source AIS transponder is complete.

We would like to congratulate Peter, the developer of MAIANA AIS transponder, for his great work and thank him for his trust. We are sure that this is only the beginning of a productive collaboration and we are already working on the next project.

All you need to know about this integration is here: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...a_app.html

Enjoy!

Awesome!  great work to you and Maverick (Peter)!  I will be ordering shortly
Yes, I have mine installed & works perfectly - love it!!
Mine is working as well,

two Kilometers away from the Rhine with houses in between, I can see the Ships on OpenCPN.

Nice!
Why can't I find Maiana App in settings 3.1.0 running flatpak bullseye 64 bit (RPI400) ?
It is included in settings 2.9.1 as per documentation ?
(2022-03-07, 02:00 AM)Grrreg Wrote: Why can't I find Maiana App in settings 3.1.0 running flatpak bullseye 64 bit (RPI400) ?
It is included in settings 2.9.1 as per documentation ?

OpenPlotter 3 is still in pre-alpha, not all apps are available for it yet. Look at the "OP 3 Roadmap" thread for the status of all the apps.

If you really need all apps, use OP 2 in the meantime.
https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3878
My Maiana arrived and seems to work well on OpenCPN running on a Mac. I haven't been able to make OP recognize the Uart/USB board as a serial device though. According to Peter, the developer, there have been a number of other people having similar issues. He said he is not very familiar with OP wo I'm hoping someone here might have some advice.

I've tried to update the CH341 driver with no success. Same dismal results whether I connect via USB or UART. Any help would be much appreciated.

Scratch
I am not aware of more people with similar issues. The driver should be there by default in OP and Raspberry OS systems. Try with a fresh install of OP and update all packages to the last versions:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

then connect the MAIANA adapter by USB and type:

Code:
lsusb

you should get a line with this:

Code:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter

Make sure your USB cable can handle data
Just for my understanding- has MAIANA been approved for the European market?
I thought is started as an interesting, but strictly educational exercise.. If I install the hardware (tempting!) on my ship in the EU, and I get an audit, will i be OK?

[EDIT]
Never mind, on the web store I see the warning is still there.
Thanks for the effort nonetheless!
[/EDIT]