This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAIANA AIS transponder fully integrated in OpenPlotter
I have mine set up at home as well, using OP2. The process was relatively easy, and the issue about measurements needing to be in whole meters was explained very clearly in the manual.

I also noticed it takes a long while to get a fix. That may be due to the fact it doesn't have a clear view of the sky, but my Moitessier HAT's antenna is right beside it and it gets a fix a lot faster.

I have tested transmission, and my MarineTraffic station didn't pick it up (it's in a different plane ~5 meters almost directly above, so there might be some signal propagation issues here), but a passing ship did (apparently some ships have MarineTraffic base stations too), so I'll call that a success.

I also get relatively good reception for where it's located.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it, so it'll come aboard the boat this spring.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MAIANA AIS transponder fully integrated in OpenPlotter - by emilecantin - 2022-03-21, 05:46 PM