This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get rid of my confusion...
Sorry but I do have quite a lot of questions....

I love SBC-Boards but I soon realized that the raspberrys are way off useful hardware for my usage. i.e. no m.2 (Rock5 has a built in slot for one nvme) no removable emmc (rock64, rockpro64, rock5 standard!)

At the moment I am working on lxc/incus container projects with mentioned units and they simply do the job without any problems without any hat.

On the boat I have a cerbo GX, Vesper Marine XB-8000 AIS Transponder with WiFi, and an rckpro64 with OpenCPN.

I want to implement OpenPlotter and/or SignalK Server with OpenCPN and pypilot.

It looks like openplotter/pypilot will not work without an raspberry and I do not underdsand it - so far.

I want to buy a  Maretron Solid State Rate/Gyro Compass - SSC300-01 to achieve compass and roll/pitch data via NMEA2000 and the  high power motor controller of seandepagnier. The only non-nmea data will be the rudder sensor.

Folks, I am in the computer bizz with coding and implementing since 1985 but I do not have any electronic knowledge so far and the difference between analogue and digital is not a thing I ever recognized.

So, I think I will translate the rudder sensor to nmea too. Then he only task for pypilot remains to feed the high power motor controller and then I do not see what an additional hat and GPIO's will be good for.

In fact there is so much of information but no way to get a way through it.

Thank you for your help to find a roadmap for my implementation.