This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 3 roadmap
Hi

Since the last update to opencpn 5.7.5 arm64, the AIS radar plugin is not working properly. Distances to the targets are not fitting well.

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to comment on this...
(2023-04-10, 11:38 AM)hrios Wrote: Hi

Since the last update to opencpn 5.7.5 arm64, the AIS radar plugin is not working properly. Distances to the targets are not fitting well.

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to comment on this...

the best place for this question should be here:  https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/
openplotter-settings 3.6.0 released. New features:

Touchscreen optimization

Added a new setting to optimize the touchscreen experience. After enabling this setting, most programs, including OpenCPN, will display monstrous scrolls. We have also worked with OpenCPN developers to fix some errors in this program running in small monitors. If you want to have the best experience with touchscreens and OpenCPN, you should use OpenCPN 5.8.2 from flatpak in OpenPlotter v3 (big scrolls, all settings windows working in small monitors, right click = long click, 2-fingers zoom)

Backlight

Added a new setting to install a GUI to set the backlight of the official Raspberry touchscreen and clones. A new version of openplotter-notifications app also includes a new action to set this backlight value. This action can be triggered in various ways, for example by an ambient light sensor.

When the docs for these new things are finished, we will release a new OpenPlotter v3 Toucscreens image, specially pre-configured for the official Raspberry monitor and its clones.
@Sailoog - That's Awesome - thanks again for your continued great work!

Do you know if it works with 2 touchscreens connected?
(2023-05-12, 01:42 PM)Techstyle Wrote: @Sailoog - That's Awesome - thanks again for your continued great work! 

Do you know if it works with 2 touchscreens connected?

Everything should work with 2 touchscreens but the backlight will work only in DSI monitors, not in HDMI monitors.
Hi

When I change the fonts colors in OpenCPN options/user interface, if I exit OpenCPN and open again it do not keep the changes.
(OpenCPN 5.8.2 and settings 3.6.0)
(2023-05-13, 11:11 AM)hrios Wrote: Hi

When I change the fonts colors in OpenCPN options/user interface, if I exit OpenCPN and open again it do not  keep the changes.
(OpenCPN 5.8.2 and settings 3.6.0)

That seems an OpenCPN bug, not an openplotter bug. I have just tested in Ubuntu and I can confirm it. This should be reported to OpenCPN support.
Hello im dicover new problem when you install imAge for 64 bits in raspberry pi 4 ,  is with date and hour  always change a date and hour in randomic mode , im try disabled ntp server but not possivel repair the problem ..any suggestion? Thank you all
(2023-06-16, 11:11 PM)Polonioli Wrote: Hello im dicover new problem when you install imAge for 64 bits in raspberry pi 4 ,  is with date and hour  always change a date and hour in randomic mode , im try disabled ntp server but not possivel repair the problem ..any suggestion? Thank you all

Make sure you are running the latest openplotter-settings and openplotter-network versions because there were changes in ntp management.

Check if you have any non fixed GPS signal (indoors) connected because usually they send wrong date/time data to signal k and the signal k plugin "system time" will set your date/time system with that. Disable the plugin or unplug the GPS on these cases.
(2023-06-17, 01:44 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2023-06-16, 11:11 PM)Polonioli Wrote: Hello im dicover new problem when you install imAge for 64 bits in raspberry pi 4 ,  is with date and hour  always change a date and hour in randomic mode , im try disabled ntp server but not possivel repair the problem ..any suggestion? Thank you all

Make sure you are running the latest openplotter-settings and openplotter-network versions because there were changes in ntp management.

Check if you have any non fixed GPS signal (indoors) connected because usually they send wrong date/time data to signal k and the signal k plugin "system time" will set your date/time system with that. Disable the plugin or unplug the GPS on these cases.

Now other bug im think gps ublox7 and unlox8 not working ..in the server signalk have connection but not see nothing in opencpn and nothing in dignalk indtrument panel only the hour...