This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 3 roadmap
(2022-02-17, 10:14 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Look in settings / configuration >
Save & load from there, I have one saved for laptop & another for a tablet. 
[Image: A6XbqhR.png]

"Maybe you should check in every so often if you are going to keep breaking SK"

Signalk wasn't actually  broken, it's just old data in your browser, just delete the old data.

Slack is the place to talk signalk, much better route to talk to the main & app developers >> http://slack-invite.signalk.org/

Thanks, again, Paddy - that certainly looks easy enough!! 

I was referring to post #51 re broken SK.
(2022-02-17, 07:33 AM)Lazzz Wrote: Maybe you should check in every so often if you are going to keep breaking SK - there are a lot of people here who are not nerds using SK in OpenPlotter!!  Big Grin

Thanks to those here who help non-nerd sailors!!

Why thank you for your kind words of appreciation for my work!

Do you actually think that your comment will make me spend more time here?

Next time I’ll be sure to skip the three prerelease versions to flush out bugs and just let people deal with them. And when a problem appears I will not rearrange my schedule to get a fix out asap. Posts about bugs like this are just so much fun to write. I get a huge kick out of breaking the software, so I’ll just keep doing it on purpose.
(2022-02-19, 12:09 PM)tkurki Wrote:
(2022-02-17, 07:33 AM)Lazzz Wrote: Maybe you should check in every so often if you are going to keep breaking SK - there are a lot of people here who are not nerds using SK in OpenPlotter!!  Big Grin

Thanks to those here who help non-nerd sailors!!

Why thank you for your kind words of appreciation for my work!

Do you actually think that your comment will make me spend more time here?

Next time I’ll be sure to skip the three prerelease versions to flush out bugs and just let people deal with them. And when a problem appears I will not rearrange my schedule to get a fix out asap. Posts about bugs like this are just so much fun to write. I get a huge kick out of breaking the software, so I’ll just keep doing it on purpose.

I wouldn't let one socially inept ignorant person get under your skin like that. He obviously isn't familiar with the concept of FOSS and understanding that it's all dependent on hard working volunteer devs like yourself that are the unseen and often never thanked backbone of most of the systems/software we use today all over the world. Even non FOSS stuff usually has roots in FOSS projects.

I'm a professional marine electronics technician and as a non developer but someone that works in the marine industry I can see the writing on the walls with just how important signalK is going in the marine industry once it's widely adopted.

So thank you for your hard work and all the other developers for SK as well.
We can never thank you enough tkurki. I understand you perfectly, sometimes it is very difficult to ignore some comments. Thanks for the last changes and your reactivity.
(2022-02-19, 06:10 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We can never thank you enough tkurki. I understand you perfectly, sometimes it is very difficult to ignore some comments. Thanks for the last changes and your reactivity.

Also @tkurki, SK is f**ng great piece of code so yeah, thanks so much. Coming from a "not-skilled-enough-to-make-pull-request-but-debugger-and-issue-opener" kind of dev that really appreciate that SignalK exist and evolve Smile
@tkurki many thanks also from me and good wind, always!
New version of op-serial app with some fixed bugs.

New major update in docs with a complete revision and these featured chapters:
I have installed on openplotter - on a raspberry - avnav with all the packages, unfortunately the data of my on-board instruments (gps, speed, wind, etc.) managed by signalk do not reach Avnav. Therefore avnav does not receive data and does not report the gps position, nor the reading of weight, speed, compass etc. etc. someone can show me how you can make avnav communicate with signalk? a thousand thanks
not sure how you installed. openplotter-avnav is not yet available for OP3. Nevertheless, check if your signalK gives on the port 10110 the NMEA0183 sentences.
AvNav reads from this port. So in your $HOME/avnav/data/avnav_server.xml should be an entry like this
Code:
<AVNSocketReader port="10110" host="localhost" filter="^$RMB" name="signalk"/>
For return channel, AvNav writes to port 28628 of SignalK.
Code:
<AVNSocketWriter port="28628" maxDevices="5" blackList="signalk" filter="" read="true" minTime="50" name="tosignalk"/>
The configuration of SignalK
Code:
{
            "enabled": true,
            "id": "fromAvnav",
            "pipeElements": [
                {
                    "options": {
                        "logging": false,
                        "subOptions": {
                            "host": "localhost",
                            "port": "28628",
                            "type": "tcp",
                            "validateChecksum": true
                        },
                        "type": "NMEA0183"
                    },
                    "type": "providers\/simple"
                }
            ]
        }

If you can not manage, I can provide preliminary version of openplotter-avnav.deb
Opening Openplotter settings 3.1.0 from a terminal (in VNC client), the app opens but I get this in the terminal window.

pi@openplotter:~$openplotter-settings
wrong external apps format: unexpected OF while parsing (<string>, line 0)

Is this expected?
Paul