This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 3 roadmap
(2022-02-26, 01:46 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-02-26, 12:03 AM)John1270 Wrote: I am using openplotter v3, 64bit flat pak. I downloaded some charts and everything was good, I tried to download more charts but they wouldn’t download. I reboot and tried again, no charts, the red outline of the charts are there but no chart? Maybe I’m missing something so I shut it down, restarted and ran a system check. Message is “unable to read opencpn fp configuration” can you point me in the right direction? Thank you for all of your help so far!!! Total newby here, love the system!

What charts are you installing? if you are using o-charts you should use the dongle or you will probably lose your licenses soon with this alpha version.

if you get “unable to read opencpn fp configuration”  it means that opencpn flatpak is installed but you have not ran it yet and the conf file has not been created. Please open a terminal and type:

Code:
flatpak run org.opencpn.OpenCPN

copy here the result
Code:
pi@openplotter:~ $ flatpak run org.opencpn.OpenCPN
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.front.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4745:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5233:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround21
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround21
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround40
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround41
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround50
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround51
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround71
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib conf.c:4745:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5233:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835_headpho.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM spdif
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM spdif
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm.c:2660:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib ../../oss/pcm_oss.c:377:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Unknown field port
ALSA lib ../../oss/pcm_oss.c:377:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Unknown field port
ALSA lib ../../usb_stream/pcm_usb_stream.c:486:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid type for card
ALSA lib ../../usb_stream/pcm_usb_stream.c:486:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid type for card
ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:2014:(snd1_pcm_direct_parse_open_conf) The field ipc_gid must be a valid group (create group audio)
14:13:37: Debug: Device: 0: bcm2835 Headphones: - (hw:0,0)
14:13:37: Debug: Device: 1: sysdefault
14:13:37: Debug: Device: 2: pulse
14:13:37: Debug: Device: 3: speex
14:13:37: Debug: Device: 4: upmix
14:13:37: Debug: Device: 5: vdownmix
14:13:37: Debug: Device: 6: default
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key14:13:37: Error: Unable to initialize GTK+, is DISPLAY set properly?
I am having the same issue as John1270. Had this problem to begin with. I tried formating new image and still getting the same result after installation and reboot.
Raspberry Pi4 - Headless 3 - Flatpak 5.6.2-0+b75be76 - stable

System check log:
Checking OpenPlotter autostart... | enabled
Checking rescue mode... | disabled
Checking debugging mode... | disabled
Checking system log file size... | System log file size: 0.54 MB
Checking screensaver state... | enabled
Checking OpenPlotter packages source... | added
Checking serial connections alias... | All your serial connections have an assigned alias
Checking OpenCPN... | running |  | FP autostart enabled
 ↳Unable to read OpenCPN FP configuration
Checking Signal K server... | running
Checking serial connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking network connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking GPIO conflicts... | no conflicts
CHECK SYSTEM FINISHED
Please could you try with a monitor connected?

I have bad news about this issue with opencpn flatpak in headless systems: https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/issues/2628
(2022-05-07, 12:44 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Please could you try with a monitor connected?

I have bad news about this issue with opencpn flatpak in headless systems: https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/issues/2628

Many thanks for the prompt reply. 

Did not affect. Tried connecting it to my pc monitor and 10" touchscreen, both hdmi, with same error.
Also disabled VNC but still getting same result, no boot. I reinstalled and booted several times.

I am also dealing with random crashes with o-charts plugin (1.0.19) running Finnish maps. Something is corrupting the charts (error 10) but i am trying to figure this thing out.
(2022-05-07, 01:31 PM)Willy00 Wrote:
(2022-05-07, 12:44 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Please could you try with a monitor connected?

Did not affect. Tried connecting it to my pc monitor and 10" touchscreen, both hdmi, with same error.
Also disabled VNC but still getting same result, no boot. I reinstalled and booted several times.

I am also dealing with random crashes with o-charts plugin (1.0.19) running Finnish maps. Something is corrupting the charts (error 10) but i am trying to figure this thing out.

Ops, that is a different issue then. Actually the output errors are different too. What is your image? the latest OpenPlotter alpha image or the latest Raspberry OS image? 32 or 64bit?

I work at o-charts and I think I have seen your case opened there, if you are able to run opencpn I guess you are talking about a different environment.
(2022-05-07, 01:43 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-05-07, 01:31 PM)Willy00 Wrote:

Ops, that is a different issue then. Actually the output errors are different too. What is your image? the latest OpenPlotter alpha image or the latest Raspberry OS image? 32 or 64bit?

I work at o-charts and I think I have seen your case opened there, if you are able to run opencpn I guess you are talking about a different environment.
2022-02-06-OpenPlotter-v3-alpha-64bit-img.zip
I have also tried with latest Raspberry OS 64 bits with same results.

I broke it few days ago, just after contacting o-charts. I was trying to find the limit by adjusting the visualization details in the options and was pretty happy how smooth it ran.
Ended up double clicking chart quilting resulting crash. After the crash, openCPN didnt load at all so i had to reinstall it once more.

And now i am here. This morning i tried to start from scratch. Should i purge flatpak / reinstall, and if it doesn't work -> start all over with Raspberry OS?
I think these are your options, you can choose both of them:

- If you want to have your o-charts working I recommend you to use the dongle so you do not loose your license and your money and try the OpenPlotter alpha 32bit images until the stable stage and maybe switch to 64bit if we have solved this problem.

- To help us to solve this problem I recommend you to install the latest Raspberry OS 64 bit image, installing OpenPlotter settings manually, installing OpenCPN flatpak, try to run opencpn flatpak headless from the terminal with monitor and without monitor connected and sen us the error outputs.

Thanks
(2022-05-07, 02:23 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I think these are your options, you can choose both of them:

- If you want to have your o-charts working I recommend you to use the dongle so you do not loose your license and your money and try the OpenPlotter alpha 32bit images until the stable stage and maybe switch to 64bit if we have solved this problem.

- To help us to solve this problem I recommend you to install the latest Raspberry OS 64 bit image, installing OpenPlotter settings manually, installing OpenCPN flatpak, try to run opencpn flatpak headless from the terminal with monitor and without monitor connected and sen us the error outputs.

Thanks

See the files as attachments.

I tried running Raspberry OS 64 bit with manual flatpak installation resulting the same crash and error with and without monitor (2 options).
System check log has this in it:

Checking OpenCPN... | running |  | FP autostart enabled

↳Unable to read OpenCPN FP configuration

I will try to run alpha 32bit image and see what happens.
Edit:
32-bit works a charm, its very smooth compared to 64bit. Also no problem with corrupted maps.

Attached Files
.txt   Log with monitor.txt (Size: 4.73 KB / Downloads: 119)
.txt   Log without monitor.txt (Size: 4.37 KB / Downloads: 178)
Regarding the VNC issues. This seems to have been a problem for some time. If you plug a monitor in when you power up the PI it seems to do fine. Think I found a work around, this is from my notes:

Video Setup
Change cmdline.txt in /boot Add the following: video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720@60D

Mine looks like:
console=serial0,115200 console=tty1 root=PARTUUID=9c48fee6-02 rootfstype=ext4 fsck.repair=yes rootwait quiet splash video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720@60D plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles

After making these changes I have had no VNC/monitor issues at all. This locks it in at 720, but that is good enough for me plus it keeps VNC snappy.
Thanks a lot Willy00 and Opie91.

Willy00, I am not able to reproduce your error, I am getting a different output and it works with monitor, have you tested the Opie91's solution?

Opie91 I will test that ASAP, if it works we will add a button to add that when you are in opencpn flatpak headless.
openplotter-dashboards v3 is released. It contains the same dashboards as OpenPlotter 2 but with great improvements.

Now you do not need InfluxDB or any intermediate program to get real time data into Grafana from a Signal K server. Just using a websocket plugin in Grafana and some easy settings.

Now you do not need any Signal K plugin to store real time data into InfluxDB 2 from a Signal K server. You do not need Kapacitor and Chronograph apps either. All is included in just one interface in InfluxDB 2. OpenPlotter will be in charge of building the required telegraf conf files to translate and send data to InfluxDB 2. The bad news is that InfluxDB 2 is only for 64bit. 

After installing grafana from openplotter-dashboards everything is ready to work and the plugin to read from Signal K server is also installed. This is a brief manual, more detailed instructions will be added to docs soon:

Create a data source using the Websocket plugin with these settings:

Create a dashboard reading from the above data source with these fields and settings:

Add these transformations to show only the signal k key you need and add also any calculation to transform its value, on this case we convert kelvin units to Celsius:

Enjoy and test and report as usual.