This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rpi 4B 2 Gb not booting from image
As promised:

start4.elf: is not compatible
This board requires newer software.

-> Openplotter does not support the latest firmware and thus new rpi's from the shelf.
Could someone with a failing RPi4 2GB join the test round for the new OpenPlotter 3?

I will post an alpha version ASAP here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3878
Sure, easy enough to burn an sd card and plop it in Smile
I have the same problem, but with a 4GB

(Pi 4 Model B 4GB, purchased this week from the Pihut)

I get the same message as RovingGecko ...

start4.elf: is not compatible
This board requires newer software
OpenPlotter 3 Alpha released: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....3#pid21673

Please report here about the issue with RPi4 2GB
Openplotter 3 alpha - 32-bit boots just fine on rpi 4 2Gb that did not boot openplotter 2.
After boot I get the normal desktop.

Will do similar test with 64-bit and revert.
Openplotter 3 alpha - 64-bit boots just fine on rpi 4 2 GB as well.

-> new images support the latest rpi firmware.
We just installed OP 3 64 bit on an pi 4 with 2gb.
Works like a charme. OpenCPN Flat installation worked also fine.

As total noobs we are assuming, that network installation for headless mode isn't realized in the current version. Right?

Thanks for the fast new image

Thomas & Michael
_____
OP on Raspberry Pi 3+
OpenCPN tactics plugin compiled on raspbian
Step up/step down power converter
AIS and GPS over USB / Serial2USB
Speed data converted directly from Sensor to NMEA by arduino
Wind data: Davis anemometer using Pypilots weather sensor
Pypilot driving Simrad TP22 Tillerpilot

Thanks for testing and reporting.

Follow the first post of this thread and you will see when the Headless image and the rest of features are released: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....1#pid21561
(2022-01-18, 03:38 PM)croy Wrote: I think you have to install openplotter manual:

Advanced
To Install OpenPlotter on any computer running a Linux Debian derivative system (Raspberry PI OS, Ubuntu, Linux Mint…) you have to install the dependencies.

Open a terminal and type:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install python3-wxgtk4.0 python3-ujson python3-pyudev whois vlc
Now you have to install the main app openplotter-setting from the .deb file you can download from the Advanced section in downloading chapter.

After downloading the .deb file, you can install it by double click or typing this in a terminal:

sudo dpkg -i openplotter-settings_x.x.x-stable.deb
Every time OpenPlotter needs to perform an action that requires administrator permission, it will ask for the password. To avoid having to continuously enter your administrator password you can add your user to the sudoers list. Do this only if you know what you are doing:

sudo visudo
Add this line to the end of the document and save:

myuser ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

Hi ! thanks for your advise.
But still in troubles here with my RPI 4.B. I have downloaded the .deb of the advanced downloading part. But the command you wrote above does not work, and nothing happen when I double clic on it.
Could you please show me the process to flash my SD card with good verion of openplotter for my RPI 4 B (OP 3 is available ?), on my macbook pro (el capitan).
thnaks for your help.
cheers.
OpenPlotter 3 is almost stable, maybe next week we will go to stable. docs and files: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3878