This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no motor controller
My new Tinypilot HAT won't talk to my DIY motor controller.

On my motor controller I am using a level shifter as I could not source the CPC5001 device U1 in the schematic

The new hat does have the resistors and a device U7  but does not talk with the controller via the level shifter.
I can try and wire directly to the RasPI header, but I prefer to have a protected UART interface.
Any ideas why my setup does not work?

Thanks,
Just checking - you connected the pi's tx to arduino controller's rx and vice versa, right?
(2022-01-20, 11:07 PM)ironman Wrote: Just checking - you connected the pi's tx to arduino controller's rx and vice versa, right?

Yes, Smile
maybe show a picture of it?

There are several reasons why it may not work.
I am using one of these wired directly to the Arduino on the motor controller
[Image: logic-level-converter-bidirektionales-mo...28x228.jpg]
It has 4 channels like this:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSURcNpo_ibhewre-Gi0Sc...A&usqp=CAU]

I wired pin 8 and 10 on the Pypilot HAT PI header directly to the level shifter and this works fine.
Then I added the 2K4 resistor in series and it no longer works
Reduced the resistor to 1K , and it still does not work.

It would be nice to have optical isolation on the UART interface.
Too bad I can't find any of those 'digital " optos in my country.
I have some 6n138 in my parts bin, I'll try if I can make that work.
can you just run without the 2k4 resistor?
That is what i did, it works 
I would have been nice to have an isolated UART interface though.
(2022-01-22, 05:09 PM)SYWindveer Wrote: That is what i did, it works 
I would have been nice to have an isolated UART interface though.

Heb je bij reichelt.nl gezocht? Daar kan ik over het algemeen de electronica vinden die ik zoek...

Hartelijke groet,
Hans